diggler

I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

diggler

red band trailer

edit: http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/pineapple-express/red-band-trailer

thanks for the link fix mod

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

diggler

it's M.I.A., can't remember the name of the song though...

cinemanarchist

Quote from: ddiggler on February 12, 2008, 09:34:14 PM
it's M.I.A., can't remember the name of the song though...

Paper Planes
My assholeness knows no bounds.

72teeth

Wow, Yes! Fuck! Shouldn't have watched that.
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Pozer

picolas

everything from the beginning of that jump quadrupled my expectations for this. and best use of a song in a trailer of 2008 so far.

polkablues

I'm kind of over the whole idea that people smoking pot is hilarious.  Haha, look!  He's giggling more than a person in similar circumstances would giggle were he not smoking pot!  What other comic hijinks await?  Silly man, snack foods aren't the most important consideration in a life or death situation!
My house, my rules, my coffee

Bethie

but its seth rogen and james franco.
who likes movies anyway

pete

Quote from: polkablues on February 13, 2008, 07:56:03 PM
I'm kind of over the whole idea that people smoking pot is hilarious.  Haha, look!  He's giggling more than a person in similar circumstances would giggle were he not smoking pot!  What other comic hijinks await?  Silly man, snack foods aren't the most important consideration in a life or death situation!

that's like dismissing everything those kids have done as a teen comedy or a romantic comedy or a movie parody.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

polkablues

I expect this movie to be better than average, but it still abuses (and I admit I'm judging solely from the trailer) the same sorts of characterizations that Cheech and Chong had already worn out back before I was even born.  It's sort of akin to a new, talented stand-up comic walking on stage and telling "What's the deal with airline food?" jokes.  It was funny enough once, but at some point I stopped laughing at it, and I'm not sure even Seth Rogen and James Franco can make me start again.

Quote from: pete on February 14, 2008, 02:16:01 AM
that's like dismissing everything those kids have done as a teen comedy or a romantic comedy or a movie parody.

I wasn't trying to dismiss the movie as a whole, just the specific usage of pot-smoking as a comedy device.  If there's more to the movie than obvious stoner jokes, that would be awesome.  I hope they put those parts in the next trailer.
My house, my rules, my coffee

grand theft sparrow

Polka, did you see the right trailer?  Because it sounds like you're describing that long, mostly unfunny clip on the Superbad DVD. 

modage

i think that looks amazing.  the use of m.i.a. rules. 
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ravi

This looks awesome, and I don't really like pot films.  Franco's foot through the blood-spattered windshield of a cop car flying through the air is probably worth the price of admission by itself.