I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02is that the cover?  i'm shocked they didnt go with the red skulltrees poster.  but this one is cool also.

It's a 3-D hologram on the sleeve.

This week:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Finn

The Accidental Tourist DVD
Belle and Sebastian : Fans Only DVD
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

©brad

i've said it before and i'll say it again: macman, will you please adopt me and let me live at ur place w/ ur wonderfully vast dvd collection at my disposal? (and that new big screen tv)

NEON MERCURY

.the rotten fruit sh*t is funny.....

.Did You Know????????????????????

>David Lynch's name is mentioned in the 'making of'....

modage

he was originally a producer or an exec producer or something because supposedly eli roth is his 'protegee' or something.  but then they thought the movie stood on its own well enough that they didnt need to tag it as a 'david lynch production' to sell the film.  something like that, mac can help probably.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

FINALEH FINALEH FINALEH FINALEH

analogzombie

pre-ordered today; i think my fascination with Japanese cinema from the 60's is getting crazy. but can anyone recoomend some more directors or films besides Kurosawa, Ozu, Mizoguchi, Suzuki?

"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

Quote from: analogzombiepre-ordered today; i think my fascination with Japanese cinema from the 60's is getting crazy. but can anyone recoomend some more directors or films besides Kurosawa, Ozu, Mizoguchi, Suzuki?

ah, no  , but glad you brought that up.  :? . i remember reading  an interview with Shigeru "Mario Bros" Miyamoto where he said that he took his inspiration out of movies like Amelie and a   Japanese film that translated to something like "The postman in the mountains"    . I haven't found out which film is it...  any one?
context, context, context.

analogzombie

Quote from: chuckhimselfo.
ah, no  , but glad you brought that up.  :? . i remember reading  an interview with Shigeru "Mario Bros" Miyamoto where he said that he took his inspiration out of movies like Amelie and a   Japanese film that translated to something like "The postman in the mountains"    . I haven't found out which film is it...  any one?

It's a Chinese film called 'Postmen in the Mountians". I think this is it:
http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.632/qx/details.htm

The Chinese title is: "Na shan na ren gou" it's from 1999 check www.allmovie.com for 'Postemen in the mountains"

Weak2ndAct

Quote from: analogzombiebut can anyone recoomend some more directors or films besides Kurosawa, Ozu, Mizoguchi, Suzuki?
Some of the early works of Kinji Fukasaku (Battle Royale) are pretty insane and making their way to dvd (Blackmail is My Life, Mansion of the Black Rose).  I have a VHS of Black Lizard which is just a truly bizarre howler.  So bad, so weird, and so wonderful (the lead is a transvestite, and in one scene he impersonates a man-- so follow me here, a guy impersonates a woman impersonating a man!?  John Waters would be proud).

analogzombie

Quote from: Weak2ndAct
Quote from: analogzombiebut can anyone recoomend some more directors or films besides Kurosawa, Ozu, Mizoguchi, Suzuki?
Some of the early works of Kinji Fukasaku (Battle Royale) are pretty insane and making their way to dvd (Blackmail is My Life, Mansion of the Black Rose).  I have a VHS of Black Lizard which is just a truly bizarre howler.  So bad, so weird, and so wonderful (the lead is a transvestite, and in one scene he impersonates a man-- so follow me here, a guy impersonates a woman impersonating a man!?  John Waters would be proud).

yeah I forgot to mention Fukusaku, I just got Blackmai, and If you were young, in the mail. haven't watched them yet though. i am interested in Black Lizard but have had a hard time finding it. thanks!

he he. couldn't help it. at long last, amazon  cared about doing someting like this .

analogzombie