David Gordon Green

Started by MacGuffin, January 21, 2003, 10:50:11 AM

BonBon85

Sorry ebeaman, but I forgot about this thread. Anyway, yes, it's good.

For those that have seen it, didn't you love the scene where he goes to the hospital with his mom? It was one of the few heavily stylized moments of the film. I appreciate that DGG is one of the few young directors that doesn't rely on hyper style, but in this instance I though it was very effective.

bonanzataz

This dude rocks. I thank ebeaman for getting me into him.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

chainsmoking insomniac

Would anyone care to share a movie this guy's made? My curiosity is piqued.......
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Pubrick

Quote from: punchdrunk23Would anyone care to share a movie this guy's made? My curiosity is piqued.......
dude, read the last 2 pages.
under the paving stones.

modage

i havent seen George Washinton or All The Real Girls, but after reading a lot of praise on this board for DGG, i think a double feature on August 19th when ATRG comes out is now in store.  i am excited.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gold Trumpet

*Still hasn't seen All The Real girls*

Its becoming very sad and depressing for me. The theatre of possibility for getting it continues not to and I am starting to think they never will as they are getting movies that have been released months after that one. I guess I am waiting til august 19th. George Washington, though, is a masterpiece and only continues to grow in appreciation for me. How effective it is creating this world and painting it from the mind set of its characters instead of the one in the sky is great because no action or dialogue is truly clear and can actually be interpretated to mean many things and such. It isn't gimme writing. My appreciation for the film is so great that every single edit and shot is becoming priceless and worth analyzing and the movie itself is now of one of my favorite movies to watch. Best movie of 2000, too. I know Ebeman is a big fan of the movie, but I'm not sure he put it at number 1 for that year. Anyways, I could go on more about this movie, but it would never give the movie any justice.

~rougerum

modage

i SAID I WAS EXCITED, what more do you want from me!?!? :x
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

BonBon85

Thought ebeaman and others would like to know: Sundance channel has been showing commercials about Undertow. There's going to be an on the set feature with DGG during 24 frame news.

Ernie

Quote from: BonBon85Thought ebeaman and others would like to know: Sundance channel has been showing commercials about Undertow. There's going to be an on the set feature with DGG during 24 frame news.

What is 24 Frame News and when is it on? I watch Sundance a lot, never heard of it. Thanks for the news, I gotta tape this.

GT: yes, GW is the best movie of 2000, I don't make often pick favorites but I can say this for sure. It's as much of a miracle as magnolia and boogie nights.

modage

is that like as much of a miracle as

magnolia + boogie nights = huge g.w. miracle

or

magnolia = miracle
boogie nights = miracle
george washington = miracle

?

Ernie

Quote from: themodernage02
magnolia = miracle
boogie nights = miracle
george washington = miracle

Definitely this one. Good question, I didn't really word my thoughts right.

modage

i was partially kidding. but your avatar is really making me  :oops: over missing ATRG in the theatres and wishing august would get here sooner.

MacGuffin

Quote from: ebeaman
Quote from: BonBon85Thought ebeaman and others would like to know: Sundance channel has been showing commercials about Undertow. There's going to be an on the set feature with DGG during 24 frame news.

What is 24 Frame News and when is it on? I watch Sundance a lot, never heard of it. Thanks for the news, I gotta tape this.

24 FRAME NEWS #2
Original Production
Now a half hour show hosted by journalist Jake Tapper (CNN, salon.com), "24 Frame New" keeps you current on the people and events shaping the independent film world. June's episode features a visit with sculptor/filmmaker Matthew Barney, captured in the midst of preparations for his acclaimed show at New York's Guggenheim Museum. With his sculptures and his "Creamaster" film series, Barney has taken both forms into new realms - and emerged as one of America's most important artists. Each episode of "24 Frame News" spotlights current projects; this month's show features an update on David Gordon Green's UNDERTOW, currently in production. TV14 () Color (25 mins)
JUN 22 07:30 PM; JUN 23 11:35 AM; JUN 26 12:30 PM; JUN 26 08:30 PM; JUN 28 08:00 AM; JUN 28 04:35 PM
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pozer

yeah, you guys got me all pumped up about this guy. never been more excited to make two blind buys.
Thanks fellas.

Ernie

Holy fuck, the show's 25 minutes long!? That is awesome!!!! That rocks, I figured it would just be a little 30 second tidbit or something, fuck yeah. Thank you so much Macguffin and thanks again to BonBon too. This definitely made my day.

Has anybody seen one of these before or is it new? Just wanted to know what it's going to be like. Is it all interviews or is there actual on-the-set footage? Even if it is just interviews, that's still awesome.