Have you ever met a famous person/samsong?

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, April 12, 2003, 01:31:47 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: 72teeth on October 09, 2007, 01:13:45 AM
i sold weird al a coloring book today.

there is not one part of that story i don't like. tell me more. did he spend a long time selecting it? it's probly for his kids, or to lure kids, either way you know he's gonna spend the whole afternoon on that shit..
under the paving stones.

72teeth

yeah, it was weirdal, he just kinda strolled in with his wife (who was curiously old) and his daughter (who was surprisingly young)... didn't act goofy and looked kinda tired.  it was a train and planes sticker/coloring book that he did seem highly amused in... and trains and planes aren't really something a 3 year little girl/older gray haired woman are going to be into, so I'm sure it was for him... and now i totally have his autograph/credit card receipt/credit card number :wink:... 
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Reinhold

i leaned across lorne michaels tonight without acknowledging him, to talk to maya rudolph while the credits were rolling for CWBB... PTA had been sitting there but wisely jetted "for the bathroom" before the film ended. i ducked security for nothing.

i sat a two rows behind luis guzman which was neat, but i left with my PDL dvd unsigned.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

picolas

i'm pretty sure this isn't the real celebrity meetings thread.. if any other admins remember the title of that thread, please move this to that. thanks. just wanna get this off my chest while it's fresh..

okay. it's my last shift ever at the video store. this guy comes in to pick up some movies for a woman who phoned earlier, but he doesn't have an account or any id on him. just to be absolutely certain he doesn't have an account i ask for his last name.
guy: it's b-l-o-m-k-a-m-p.
[now, this man is clearly not Neill Blomkamp, but Blomkamp is a pretty rare name, and i know Blomkamp lived in Vancouver at least until recently..]
me: you're not related to Neill, are you?
guy: yeah. i'm his brother. he's over there.
*points out the window to guy sitting in car, like a few feet away*
me: :shock: WHAT! THAT'S FANTASTIC! THAT'S ONE OF MY FAVOURITE FILMS OF THE LAST FEW YEARS!
guy:  :yabbse-grin:, *walking backwards out the door, clearly intent on leaving as soon as possible, seems to tell neill*
me: *not sure what to do. i turn away.*

it was almost cruel. he anticipated my fandom and ran like a bullet, but he seemed happy about it too. i  doubt blomkamp gets fan'd a lot by the general public/random people.

Stefen

Why did you have to geek out? Don't tell him his flick was one of your faves. Tell him you thought it was overrated, but everyone else you know had it in their top 3. He would have stuck around.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

picolas

good principle, but that wouldn't be true. and i have told other celebrities, (namely the guy who plays aaron pierce on 24), that their work (namely the last few seasons) isn't my favourite. i just have enormous, geeky respect for neill blomkamp. and he hasn't made enough things to let me down yet.

Pubrick

what movies did they get??

(or would that be breaking international dvd renting privacy laws)
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Quote from: picolas on September 02, 2010, 03:58:32 AM
i'm pretty sure this isn't the real celebrity meetings thread.. if any other admins remember the title of that thread, please move this to that. thanks. just wanna get this off my chest while it's fresh..

http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=1135
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

Quote from: P on September 02, 2010, 04:39:32 AM
what movies did they get??

(or would that be breaking international dvd renting privacy laws)

i'm almost 100% sure they weren't for him. but

and

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

matt35mm

My friends and I had shots with the cast of Party Down last night. They're in town for a marathon screening of the show. Lizzy Caplan, Martin Starr, and Ryan Hansen are in this picture. Adam Scott, Ken Marino, Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman were also there. RegularKarate was also there.

Good times.

Reel

polkablues

That is extraordinarily awesome. You need to shave that shit, though. Friend to friend.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Reel

your face looks like Robin Williams' knuckles

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton