NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

Drenk

The hardest boss I've ever fought. So...Here is someone making it look easy by taking no damage.

Ascension.

polkablues

This game is really good so far. It combines my three greatest loves: brutalist architecture, Lovecraftian horror, and hurling benches at dudes from across the room with my mind powers.

A side benefit is that I can probably cook dinner on my graphics card while I'm playing, but that's the cost of beauty, I guess.
My house, my rules, my coffee

WorldForgot

Really want to play that. The fonts + aesthetic hooked me.
Its gameplay reminds me of Second Sight a little.

polkablues

The combat is super fluid and satisfying, though it has the potential to get repetitive as you hone in on your personal play style. The story is... fine. The worldbuilding is way better than the actual plot, which is pretty forgettable. But the acting is mostly good, and the aesthetics are top of the class.

Drenk

Ascension.

polkablues

I did snatch that up. I only played about ten minutes of it, so too soon to say for sure if it's for me or not. There's a Super Meat Boy-ishness to it that I'm enjoying so far.

Drenk

The rooms are full of secrets: even if it's linear, there's a nice Metroidvania feel to the game, too.  Some secrets are pretty hard to find and truly rewarding, if you like the game, because it keeps unlocking quality content.
Ascension.

Drenk

A new and final chapter (Farewell) has been added to Celeste. I keep being impressed by the madly imaginative game design.
Ascension.

Drenk

You may watch this video if you never plan to play to Hollow Knight (a masterpiece basically made by two dudes), but why would you watch the video if you have no intention to play to Hollow Knight?

Anyway, you should play to Hollow Knight.

Ascension.

WorldForgot

the natural extension of the Gravity Gun and Portal interactivity is having to execute Source puzzles with your own dang flailing limbs

Drenk

How much money does it cost? VR is not gonna happen, even if it were Half-Life 3.
Ascension.

WorldForgot

WorldForgot

"Hero Pools" ... Hmm, I wonder how often we'll see the more powerful heroes like Moira + Mei blocked off compared to weaker characters (Ana, Widow, Winston).

Drenk

I bought Baba Is You today and I'm already having a lot of fun: it's a puzzle game where you "change the rules" to solve levels.

Ascension.

Jeremy Blackman

I started playing Satisfactory over Memorial Day weekend. And oh boy. This is absolutely one of the greatest games I've ever played. The developer sums it up very well: "Play alone or with friends, explore an alien planet, create multi-story factories, and enter conveyor belt heaven!"

If the phrase "conveyor belt heaven" does not intrigue you, turn away now.

It's kind of like the base building in Fallout 4, but on steroids. Once you get a base established and start organizing things, you're doing multi-level automated crafting. It gets very deep and expansive.

Just a warning... the game is very addictive. It's really the perfect mesh of linear progression and a wide-open sandbox. Progress in this game just does not stop being satisfying. They've really cracked the code on something here. It's surprisingly exciting, because you're constantly figuring out how to do things bigger and better in this very organic self-guided way. There's also the element of conquering the terrain and building whatever crazy beautiful nonsense you desire onto it. Stuff like that is what kept me building in Fallout 4.

And I'll say this, I'm not sure I can see myself ever playing Minecraft again.

Apparently it's also quite similar to Factorio, although in this game enemies will not attack your base and will not spawn near any powered building.

This is a good overview of the game: