Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

wilberfan

Quote from: Mattbish19 on May 13, 2021, 05:17:50 PM
https://theatresinmovies.blogspot.com/2020/10/pta-2021.html

Have these pictures been posted before?

Oh, hey, that's my 'Theatre Buddy', Bill*, that took those.  (His website, there, is the preeminent History-of-L.A.-Theater site.)  I'm surprised I'm not in some of those shots.  I was all over that location that day...   :yabbse-cool:   

[edit]  Bill just told me that page has been up since a couple of days after that shoot.  I had no idea.  I was probably too immersed in Soggy World to check...  I (we) had such a blast that night...

* (For those of you keeping track, Bill was the other guy with me in that doorway for 3 days on Hollywood Blvd during OUATIH.)

kingfan011

wilberfan

Quote from: eward on May 13, 2021, 05:28:35 PM
That was my neighborhood! A few of us were there that night.

I took this little cutie:

[instagram]

Left-to-right:  1st AD, Director, DP.   :yabbse-cool:

nomorecoffee

Left-to-right:  1st AD, Director, DP.   :yabbse-cool:
[/quote]

wait a minute... what do you mean DP......?

Drill

Quote from: eward on May 13, 2021, 05:28:35 PM
That was my neighborhood! A few of us were there that night.

I took this little cutie:

[instagram]

How tall would you say he is in person?

wilberfan

Can we estimate from that photo of him with Bradley (in front of the Post Office)?  Bradley is, like, 6'1"-ish, I think. 

5'10" - 5'11"?

Alethia

I think Coops was in some bomb-ass platforms in those pics.

wilberfan

Heels, yes.

So the short answer is, Paul is "tall". 

Alma

Is it Mike Bauman, on the right?

pynchonikon

Yes it's Bauman (gaffer in IV and lighting technician in Master/PT), and him taking the DoP credit is a well grounded deduction.

He was credited as DoP on imdb at some point during filming, yet his name was mysteriously removed after a short time (just like the Sean Penn stunt double).

nomorecoffee

Well on IMDb as of now Mike Bauman is not even credited in the film... Justin Dickson is listed as gaffer.
Maybe he will be revealed as the DoP later on?

wilberfan

Interesting.  I wonder if Amazon would treat a "prestige" project like Soggy Bottom differently than, say, Netflix?  (Thinking of how the latter handled The Irishman--limited release in theaters, etc.) 

Heisenberg

I could see Amazon wanting to do 45 day theatrical windows like other studios are said to start doing.

pynchonikon

Amazon's two major awards contenders (Sound of Metal & One Night in Miami) both had similar distribution plan (festival run --> theatrical release --> streaming shortly after) last year, so I don't see Soggy Bottom receiving vastly different treatment in that case.