Werner Herzog

Started by adolfwolfli, August 06, 2003, 01:05:56 PM

OpO1832

I hope he gets the chance to make The Conquest of Mexico.

jenkins

Quote from: Garam on December 20, 2014, 02:51:14 PM
Of Walking in Ice, Herzog's 1974 diary of walking cross-country in winter to dying film critic Lotte Eisner has been reprinted in English, so you can actually afford it now! Old editions usually cost in excess of £100 online.

Represent, remembered hearing about this. Came out in the US on April 27, 2015. I noticed it yesterday. After this text there'll be a photo of me holding the book, since I took that photo, and I'm going to quote an Amazon review, which nicely says what isn't nice to say about this book. During this text I'll mention it's a dream scenario for him to be able to publish a book like this and for people to give a fuck, that's an enviable position to have in life, and I don't have an impulse to buy it but imagining myself on a plane or train some day in the future when my thoughts are roaming during the free time given to them, but controlled slightly by the noise of passengers and the time of the trip, well I perhaps hope to choose this Herzog book over other worse options, like I'd probably read it before Karl Ove Knausgaard.

Quote0 of 3 people found the following review helpful
2/5 stars
Might have been better edited as a poetry book instead
By A regular dude on May 30, 2015
Format: Paperback Verified Purchase

I thought it would be interesting. It just rambles. Sure - there are a few interesting
lines here and there. Might have been better edited as a poetry book instead.

OpO1832

Would anyone happen to have his script on the conquest of mexico?
I want to read it an imagine Klaus Kinski playing Cortes

Just Withnail

So! Queen of the Desert.

I saw this about nine months ago and wrote this little text that I never ended up posting:

Herzog is the King of Dessert. I had never expected something so sugar-coated from him, and it really doesn't feel like a Herzog.

It's a purely heroic portrait of Bell, and more interested in the very flat love stories than in her actual immersion into the Middle East.

In the beginning Zeitlinger's photography showed some signs of immersing us in the emotions of the character (like a terrific dance scene where she reacts to multiple suitors), but it's quickly obvious that these few scenes are not going to be the standard.

Herzog is making a conventional drama but he doesn't seem to quite believe in it, and a huge amount of the dramatic scenes are punctuated by little odd "comedic" moment that aren't big or surreal enough to become Herzogian "ecstatic truth", but only serves to undercut the emotions of the cardboard characters.

I wish there were some "His soul is still dancing"-moments.

Just Withnail

Was this ever announced?

From the Sundance line-up:

LO AND BEHOLD, Reveries of the Connected World
(Director: Werner Herzog) — Does the internet dream of itself? Explore the horizons of the connected world.

Herzog doing a doc on the internet tickles me in all the right places.

squints

Buckle Up.
This is great

"I am Werner Herzog, the filmmaker. AMA."

I'm Werner Herzog. Today, I released my MasterClass on filmmaking. You can see the trailer and enroll here: www.masterclass.com/wh.

[Proof](https://twitter.com/masterclass/status/751876208334237696)

Edit: Thank you for joining me at Reddit today! Of course there's lots of stuff out there in the Masterclass. So I shouldn't be speaking, it should be the Masterclass talking to you. Best of luck, goodbye     !

from r/IAmA
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

wilder

AppleTV+ Acquires Werner Herzog's Astronomy Documentary 'Fireball' About The Impact Of Meteorites On Human Mythology
The Playlist

The Oscar-nominated filmmaker will be teaming up with AppleTV+ and professor Clive Oppenheimer on astronomy documentary "Fireball."

Apple announced Friday that it will release "Fireball" on its AppleTV+ streaming platform. Per Apple, the documentary takes viewers on a journey to explore how shooting stars, meteorites and deep impacts have shaped human mythology and focused human imagination on other reals and worlds, and on our own past and our future. The documentary hails from Spring Films and Werner Herzog Film, and will be produced by André Singer and Lucki Stipetić, while Richard Melman executive produces. The documentary is being made with the support of Sandbox Films.

Herzog has already collaborated with Oppenheimer on the Oscar-nominated documentary "Encounters at the End of the World" focused on Antarctica, and again for the Netflix doc "Into the Inferno" which was nominated for an Emmy and focused on various volcanic sites. That film, much like "Fireball" will do, explored the connection between natural phenomena and mankind's history.

When the project was first announced in 2018, Variety described it as having a similar style as "Into the Inferno," saying: "They will once more go globe-trotting, this time to visit sites that yield insight into comets and meteorites and help them understand what they can tell us about the origins of life on Earth."