David Gordon Green

Started by MacGuffin, January 21, 2003, 10:50:11 AM

socketlevel

wtf....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1034415/

i heard he might also direct.  this is fucking batshit crazy.
the one last hit that spent you...

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

Quote from: socketlevel on August 17, 2009, 11:36:35 AM
wtf....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1034415/

i heard he might also direct.  this is fucking batshit crazy.

You mean the news I posted on the top of Page 15?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

socketlevel

nope didn't know, or see your post, yet again i've been foiled!  i just heard word of it.

MacGuffin

Suspiria Remake Moving Forward
Source: ComingSoon

In a Variety article talking about Tilda Swinton's new film I Am Love, that film's director Luca Guadagnino says his production company First Sun is moving forward on a remake of Dario Argento's 1977 cult horror pic Suspiria. Shooting will start in 2010 and David Gordon Green is still attached to direct.

In early 2008, David Gordon Green told us about his remake plans:

CS: What's the horror movie about?
Green: It's a remake of a Dario Argento movie called "Suspiria". These Italian producers came to me about it wanting to a pretty amazing, ambitious, artistic...It's in English about a New York ballet student that goes to Germany, but yeah, it can be pretty wild. We'll shoot in Europe.

Natalie Portman has been rumored to play the lead in the redo, but that hasn't been confirmed.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Jonah Hill set to star in 'The Sitter'
David Gordon Green in negotiations to direct Fox comedy
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Jonah Hill will star in and David Gordon Green is in negotiations to direct "The Sitter" for Fox. Michael De Luca is producing.

The irreverent comedy will harken to 1987's "Adventures in Babysitting." It follows a college student, suspended for the semester and living at home with his single mom, who has a night to remember when he gets talked into baby-sitting the eccentric kids next door: two boys and a wild 8-year-old girl.

The duo's involvement reinvigorates the comedy that originally began life as a spec by Brian Gatewood and Alessandro Tanaka at Fox Atomic. The project consistently has attracted strong talent; Jonathan Levine was attached to direct it when it was at Atomic, and Zac Efron and Zack Galifianakis have circled it.

A fall start date is being eyed.

Hill, repped by WME and Principato-Young Entertainment, next stars opposite Russell Brand in "Get Him to the Greek," which opens June 4. The Sundance movie "Cyrus," in which he appears opposite John C. Reilly, bows July 9. He also voices a role in "How to Train Your Dragon," which DreamWorks Animation debuts March 26.

Green, repped by CAA and the Gotham Group, recently wrapped the Universal comedy "Your Highness," which stars Danny McBride, James Franco and Natalie Portman.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gold Trumpet

Your Highness was set to drop this October but has been pushed back to April 8, 2011. That is all.

Pubrick

DGG was set to be the next PTA but has been pushed back to some non-action Doug Liman equivalent. that is all.
under the paving stones.

pete

yeah, weird second career.  one day the whole board will agree that his studio stuff is average.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

socketlevel

i still really like his attention to detail and the choices he makes in editing performances.

i would like to see a drama by him again however. susperia will hopefully be a segue into a "third career" or at least flexing a new style.

Gold Trumpet

I have yet to see Snow Angels, but I haven't been happy with any of his films since George Washington. I remember the old saying, "You have a lifetime to consider how you're going to make your first film and just a few years for the second." I think he is a talent, but he's been short changing his ambition since his first film. I don't want a George Washington repeat, but something of equal ambition.

socketlevel

you didn't like all the real girls?

MacGuffin

David Gordon Green teams with scribe
Duo developing 'Free Country,' 'Battling Boy'
Source: Hollywood Reporter

CANNES -- Rookie writer Josh Parkinson and writer-director David Gordon Green have teamed for two developing projects.

Green's Rough House banner has dipped into its discretionary fund to pick up pre-emptively Parkinson's first original screenplay, "Free Country," a thriller with comedic elements. Parkinson is further developing the script with Green, who is eyeing it as a potential directing gig.

The pair also has been hired by Paramount to rework the screenplay for "Battling Boy," an adaptation of a graphic novel the studio picked up in late 2008 for Brad Pitt's Plan B shingle. "Watchmen" co-writer Alex Tse previously worked on the adaptation.

Green launched Rough House with writer-director Jody Hill and writer-actor Danny McBride last year. The company also has the comedy "L.A.P.I." and the crime drama "Taking Flight" in development. Rough House has a production deal at Mandate Pictures, but "Free Country" is not set up there.

Repped by CAA and the Gotham Group, Green next helms the Fox comedy "The Sitter," written by Brian Gatewood and Alessandro Tanaka and starring Jonah Hill. The Green-directed "Your Highness," co-written by and starring McBride, will be released in October by Universal. He most recently directed "Pineapple Express" and "Snow Angels."

The Gotham Group-repped Parkinson is an author who recently moved to Los Angeles from Athens, Ga.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

So, is it time we just give up on George Washington DGG? Is he going to make these movies with "comedic elements" forever now? It's a shame. George Washington was really something special. All The Real Girls, too. I wonder if the financial failure of Snow Angels is to blame. That's a shame since that was really a great movie. Shame, shame, shame.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Gold Trumpet

I would say for the near future, but he's way too young and works too much for this to be while whole career. I see him transitioning back in some way before it's all over. Besides, he makes those films for peanuts. It isn't that he cannot do it.