Movies you're ashamed to admit you haven't seen yet

Started by BonBon85, January 22, 2003, 05:05:52 PM

BonBon85

What are the movies you know you should see but you just forget whenever you're at the video store?

8 1/2
Seven Samurai
The Godfather Part II (I'm so embarassed)

Xixax

I have so, so many...

Godfather 2 and 3
Anything from Jon Luc Godard
Raging Bull
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

RegularKarate

Seems like there are lots...

all that I can think of are:

Schindlers list
Roshomon (though it's probably n my mailbox as we speak)

Duck Sauce

I pretty much made it a priority to see "the classics" and got a lot out of the way (if you can say that). But I havent seen any Godard.

©brad

Godfather III, although I am not too upset about it.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: cbrad4dGodfather III, although I am not too upset about it.

Dont ruin the magic. Avoid it, although its not as bad as everybody says.

phil marlowe

i to am guilty in Godfather II and III

Anything pre-fargo by the Coens

Wild at Heart and FWWM by Lynch

Allmost every Spike Lee film, saw girl 6 yesterday though.

RegularKarate

Thecowgoooesmooo

How could you not see all the Godfather's? I've seen them all at least a couple times.. Haven't seen many of the early Spike Lee movies, and I haven't seen Dr Strange Love.

chris

phil marlowe

Quote from: ThecowgoooesmoooHow could you not see all the Godfather's? I've seen them all at least a couple times.. Haven't seen many of the early Spike Lee movies, and I haven't seen Dr Strange Love.

chris

Never had the chance to see godfather nor the spike lee ones. Not that populair over here i think.

Xixax

I'm not a fan of Spike Lee's politics, but man, Do The Right Thing is GOLD!

Robin Harris just absolutely RULES in that movie!

There were so many things I liked about DTRT, though... I loved the fact that the movie really had no "good guys", yet you were still engaged with the characters to really care about what they did. You kept pulling for someone - anyone - to come out as the good guy, but nobody ever does.

Great movie. I need to see it again now.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Gold Trumpet

Do The Right Thing is required viewing for anyone. A definite perfect film of the very short list of them.

I don't know if I am ashamed of this, but I've never seen Gone With the Wind, but the weird thing is, I have read the book actually.

~rougerum

Duck Sauce

Oh, you have to see The Godfather II and at least try Do the Right Thing

Gold Trumpet

I don't put The Godfather Part II as a great film. I like the movie and all, but it is a ressurection of the themes of the first one and seems great because unlike the third, it plays well as having a nice story and keeping the same vintage look of the first one but never goes above anything because it is just a rehashing of the themes generally.

~rougerum

RegularKarate

yeah, that's why I said I was "ashamed".  Anyway, it's on my list of films to see.

I wouldn't say that GFII is a reissue of the same theme, it's really more of a continuation.

It also broadens the story in both directions, both past and future.  That's why it's a great film.  That and fuckin' DeNiro.