PT on The Henry Rollins Show

Started by noyes, April 28, 2006, 10:05:31 PM

Ordet

Quote from: I Love a Magician on May 23, 2006, 06:00:49 PM
Quote from: cronopio on May 23, 2006, 11:50:23 AM
Quote from: I Love a Magician on May 23, 2006, 03:46:53 AM
Imagine Henry Rollins cooking a grilled cheese.

on a motorcycle, naked.

No. Anyone would look funny riding a motorcycle naked. It takes a certain something to look funny while cooking a grilled cheese. Henry Rollins has that something: That super intense, always deep in thought face that he's got.

I just pictured that and it is pretty funny.
Imagine him enjoying the grilled cheese.
were spinning

I Love a Magician

I think Henry Rollins would appreciate the grilled cheese, but I doubt he would actually enjoy it.

mogwai

Quote from: Pubrick on May 24, 2006, 01:22:26 AM
Quote from: mogwai on May 23, 2006, 03:04:36 PM
that's what i just said.
i think that says more about you than rollins. the shining used a lot of his music, radiohead name drop him all the time. he is hardly an unknown, much less some exclusive property of the intellectual elite.
i was just amazed by henry's knowledge who the guy was. i don't care if he reacted the same if pta say michael bay or something. it's just a thought or is it forbidden to think here? damn...

Pubrick

Quote from: mogwai on May 24, 2006, 08:20:08 AM
it's just a thought or is it forbidden to think here? damn...
what the fuck?

i don't know about thinking but it should definitely be forbidden to overreact.
under the paving stones.

mogwai

Quote from: Pubrick on May 24, 2006, 08:59:21 AM
what the fuck?

likewise.

Ordet

Quote from: mogwai on May 24, 2006, 10:01:51 AM
Quote from: Pubrick on May 24, 2006, 08:59:21 AM
what the fuck?

likewise.

clash of the titans...
are we having a xixax cold war moment?
aren't i the one who is usually annoying?
did i just do it again?
will i be demoted to being fluffer again?
have i just committed xixax suicide?
were spinning

grand theft sparrow

I just caught up on the last couple of weeks of Rollins' show since PTA was on and I noticed that the two weeks following PTA's appearance, PTA alumni were guests on the show.  The following week, John Doe from X (aka Amber Waves' ex-husband) was the musical guest and the week after that, Patton Oswalt was on.   :ponder:

MacGuffin

Quote from: becksparrow on June 12, 2006, 11:26:37 AM
I just caught up on the last couple of weeks of Rollins' show since PTA was on and I noticed that the two weeks following PTA's appearance, PTA alumni were guests on the show.  The following week, John Doe from X (aka Amber Waves' ex-husband) was the musical guest and the week after that, Patton Oswalt was on.   :ponder:

John C. Reilly will be the featured guest when Thom Yorke performs.

EPISODE 16
Premieres Saturday July 15 at 10 PM ET
Encores Thursday July 20 at 11 PM ET
Celebrity guest: John C. Reilly
Musical guest: Thom Yorke
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pozer

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

martinthewarrior

And yet, well ahead of Werner Herzog. Go figure.

private witt

Quote from: modage on May 13, 2006, 09:19:12 PM
HE LIVES!

man, that was great.  firstly, i've never seen or heard of a director giving an extensive tv interview on a film that has not started shooting yet

Exactly!  The level of excitement and enthusiasm on PTA's face is incredible.  Compare that to a year and a half later when he was on Charlie Rose: he barely speaks a word.  By royal decree, I hereby order all film directors to due interviews the week before principal photography begins!
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks