Has anyone here ever met PTA? Tell us your stories....

Started by Marty McSuperfly, January 10, 2003, 03:22:58 AM

bob

Quote from: Sheriff LawlessnessGood thing I still got all my old cats.

Life is good

don't be trippn
watch out who you play golf with
never let them stand behind you when you get close to the green
some asswipe will pull out the rusty iron then trip and roll down
we won't be hearing from him for a long time  
he'll write a book about nothing make it into a nothing film and only the stoopid white boys will cream.

RegularKarate

Kumar

Back to PTA---I met PTA at the Toronto film fest. It was the showing of Punch Drunk Love and everyone was around Adam Sandler. So I walked up to Paul and the first thing I said was how much I love his films. He got a little uneasy and just said "thanks", I understand because I find it awkward when someone compliments you alot. You don't know whether to say yeah your right Im the best, or say your wrong Im not that good. So I just said it must be strange having people complimenting you all the time and he said "its nice but too much" And then we began talking about film and how I wanted to make film. And then I ruined it, I gave him this paper with an idea that I had for a short film. At the moment I am really embarrassed about that because the idea wasn't good, I just thought it was at the time. :oops: So yeah it was a good experience until I made a fool of myself by giving a shity film idea. haha oh well, thats life.
When the going gets werid, the werid turn pro.

RegularKarate

My wife's cousin looks a lot like P.T.  

He came to our wedding and when I first saw him, I was like "Paul, you came!", then he smiled and had braces, then I thought it might be Tom Cruise, then I thought it might be P.T. making fun of Tom Cruise, then I just cried.

Xixax

Quote from: KumarI gave him this paper with an idea that I had for a short film. At the moment I am really embarrassed about that because the idea wasn't good, I just thought it was at the time. :oops:
Hah! What would you do if the next PTA movie was flavored by your idea?
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

bluejaytwist

pta knows blue jay
ive hung in his nest
he calls me by first name from across the street
if youve flown with me before, youve heard the stories
for those who havent
c&c skreenning mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
so soda licious
many times before and many times to come.
thanks for the flight gotti and teeghey
cigarettes & red vines - pt anderson definitive resource
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com

fortyfps productions
http://www.fortyfps.com

atticus jones

eye rem and niss
eye rem and niss...

ssssssssssssss...

a sleepy tryst i missed...
the that and this...
the hand and fist...
the drinks that kissed...
my lips dismissed...
sum long guest list...

punk lunch dove...fly away birdie...
fo eye gobble it up...

unda par for the inter course

love jones
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose

xerxes

bob

Jays are notorious nest-robbers and will devour small birds and suck the eggs of other species.

RegularKarate

This reminds me of everyday when I cross the sixth and Congress bus stop.  

All sorts of flavors

bluejaytwist

Quote from: bobJays are notorious nest-robbers and will devour small birds and suck the eggs of other species.

perhaps.

either way. i have my memories and alliances in tact.
so im not sweating it, really.
cigarettes & red vines - pt anderson definitive resource
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com

fortyfps productions
http://www.fortyfps.com

BackUpOffMeFoo

Quote from: bob
don't be trippn
watch out who you play golf with
never let them stand behind you when you get close to the green
some asswipe will pull out the rusty iron then trip and roll down
we won't be hearing from him for a long time  
he'll write a book about nothing make it into a nothing film and only the stoopid white boys will cream.

Had nothing but back the whole time

I still got nothing but respect

Just lost the love that's all

bb analogy was a slam dunk. not many can touch your game.

Why thank you. You shoot the do.
Serious?

Tommy Both

FUCK just wrote like a motherfuckin script about the rendezvous with PTA in my little fuckin country and now the posting.php page was expired or something. . .   :x So I'll keep it short for now:

I met PTA at the premiere of P-DL at the International Film Festival Rotterdam yesterday evening..
He came to introduce the movie and do a very funny and nice Q&A afterwards...

As soon as the credits roll and were ending I decided to go and ask Paul to sign my copy of the shootingscript.. He asked if my name was with TH or just TOM and I replied with TO... he wrote For Tom , then his name , and then a funny smiley face underneath it. Real Cool, so I thanked him and congratulated him on the movie, I said it was great.

I got back to my seat, and the Q&A started, with a lot of random BS obvious questions. So I decided to ask a real diehard one:

What is a 4-84?

He didn't really get it at first, but when I noticed he also used it in Boogie Nights and now in P-DL he kinda remembered and said he didn't use it on purpose, it just sounded like a good number to be said by people.. Get some of them 4-84's ... or something like that, he thought it was a funny combination or number. .
Although probally nobody even knew what the fuck I was asking, he answered it funny, and I was pleased, the Q&A went on . . lotta laugs, PTA was good.. When the festival director -who was standing next to PTA- said they were gonna do just one more question I raised my hand again but unfortunately he didn't see me, 'cause I just wanted to ask: " what's next?"... but too bad..
well, I really had a great evening, here are some snapshots - not paparazzi style, just decent - nothing big - pictures of pta talkin at the Q&A and also standing next to the festival dude..

Here they are, enjoy:

Satcho9