Storing DVDs

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, June 03, 2004, 03:29:42 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

How do you store your DVD's?

Do you leave them in the cases or put them in a wallet?  What is the best brand to get if I should go the wallet route?  How do you store yours?

I'm just trying to find the most effective way to take care of them...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Derek

In their cases on a shelf I converted from a bookshelf. A triumph of engineering.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Pedro

El Duderino

i have a dvd rack next to my TV that i keep them in....VHS go in my dresser
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

joeybdot

I bought Case Logic Wallets, and keep them securely in there, I have no room for the cases so i needed to considerate it.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

From what I heard, Case Logic (as well as any wallet) are bad for CD's in the long run and that it scratches them a little everytime you take them out of the sleeve, also the pressure of the DVDs laying on top of each other warps the data.

I'm just checking to see if anyone knows if that holds true or anything.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Mr. NamelessNumberHeadManFrom what I heard, Case Logic (as well as any wallet) are bad for CD's in the long run and that it scratches them a little everytime you take them out of the sleeve, also the pressure of the DVDs laying on top of each other warps the data.

Very true. I put all of my dvd's into case logic cases and I had them done alfabetically (sorry I can't spell) so every time I got a new dvd I had to move the others to make one space for the new one in the case logic. After awile some of them got scuffed but from then on I took care of them and started to put them back in the cases. My copy of The Maltese Falcon, The Big Lebowski, and Fight Club were scratched so I had to clean those.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Pwaybloe

That's exactly what happened to me.  As soon as they finish building my house, I'm going to transfer all my DVD's from the case logic binder and build a shelf to hold all my DVD's... in their cases... Never store your DVD's in CD cases.

Off topic, Walrus, try to be a little more original with your avatars.  Thanks.

Ravi

I wouldn't recommend putting your DVDs in a wallet simply because you can easily lose your entire collection in one swoop.

joeybdot

first off there no stacked, i could careless about alphabetizing and i had them in there for years now and nothing, no scratches, no pressure nothing.

SHAFTR

Quote from: SiliasRuby
Quote from: Mr. NamelessNumberHeadManFrom what I heard, Case Logic (as well as any wallet) are bad for CD's in the long run and that it scratches them a little everytime you take them out of the sleeve, also the pressure of the DVDs laying on top of each other warps the data.

Very true. I put all of my dvd's into case logic cases and I had them done alfabetically (sorry I can't spell) so every time I got a new dvd I had to move the others to make one space for the new one in the case logic. After awile some of them got scuffed but from then on I took care of them and started to put them back in the cases. My copy of The Maltese Falcon, The Big Lebowski, and Fight Club were scratched so I had to clean those.

It scratched my DVDs up as well.  It's best to have them in their cases in a bookshelf.  I have some DVD Wallets for when I travel.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Pwaybloe
Off topic, Walrus, try to be a little more original with your avatars.  Thanks.

Sorry, I'll fix it.

El Duderino

Quote from: RaviI wouldn't recommend putting your DVDs in a wallet simply because you can easily lose your entire collection in one swoop.

also, you can scratch them with the zipper if you're not super careful. happens to me all the time with CDs
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

NEON MERCURY

.. cryochambers work for me..

Myxo

Mine are stored on a shelf sorted by director.

:)