Music in PTA movies

Started by BonBon85, February 02, 2003, 02:28:01 PM

bonanzataz

Quote from: DionySuS(Todd Parker - I love that name - so good)

Where the hell is THAT kid?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

SHAFTR

i'll once again state the obvious with...

"Save Me"
- Aimee Mann

Now for my sad confession.  My first PTA film was this weekend with Punch Drunk Love.  I really liked it and rented Magnolia the next night...really liked that one too.

I have yet to see Hard Eight or even Boogie Nights.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: bonanzataz
Quote from: DionySuSTodd Parker

Where the hell is THAT kid?

I think he was gone for a while until he saw PDL, so we'll see what happens.. maybe we should email him again, cause he needs to be here..

AK

Quote from: LesterSYDNEY
-Both closing credits songs, although im more partial to Fiona's

There is no Fiona on Sydney . I think they even met that time.

And the best song in all PTA movies is "One" on Magnolia.

Victor

Quote from: missapple
Quote from: LesterSYDNEY
-Both closing credits songs, although im more partial to Fiona's

There is no Fiona on Sydney . I think they even met that time.

And the best song in all PTA movies is "One" on Magnolia.

its at the end of commentary #2 on the dvd.
are you gonna eat with us too?

aurora

Isn't that Aimee Mann - I Should've Known?

Victor

My bad.

"Commentary #2
PTA, Philip Baker Hall, Michelle Satter (Sundance Film) & various crew + Isolated Soundtrack + alternate bonus end credits song "I Should've Known" by Aimee Mann)."

I wonder why I always thought that was Fiona?
are you gonna eat with us too?

aclockworkjj

Hard Call...but to stray from the obvious...I really like the whole Le Petit Chateau (I think it's called)...in PDL when Barry first tries to play the Harmonium.....alone it's lame...but in the scene...it's zippity-do-dah!

©brad

One of my favorites is on Boogie Nights, during the Amber/Rollergirl "will you be my mom?" coke montage with everyone. I love that fucking song and it works so well, but I don't know what the song is. It's not on either soundtrack. Anyone?

Pubrick

"Happiness is a Warm Gun".
under the paving stones.

aurora

Roberta Flack - Compared To What

I don't know what Pubrick is going on about?

Sus Brisbane dude.

©brad

Quote from: P"Happiness is a Warm Gun".

sweet, thanks. Just downloaded it.

USTopGun47

Jon Brion - Here We Go Again
PDL Waltzes
All Things Done By Aimee Mann in Magnolia
I'm somebody now, Harry. Everybody likes me. Soon, millions of people will see me and they'll all like me. I'll tell them about you, and your father, how good he was to us. Remember? It's a reason to get up in the morning. It's a reason to lose weight, to fit in the red dress. It's a reason to smile. It makes tomorrow all right. What have I got Harry, hm? Why should I even make the bed, or wash the dishes? I do them, but why should I? I'm alone. Your father's gone, you're gone. I got no one to care for. What have I got, Harry? I'm lonely. I'm old.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

one of the best directers ever in this respect, better then scorsese

see marty may have set the standerd, but i think pta is open with his music

god just look at boogie nights

the ohio players, the beach boys, elo, night ranger, roberta flack  

and one hit wonders like lonley boy by andrew gold

i still think magnolia needed to have a more open soundtrack, look how powerful that donnie smith scene is with supertramp playing

all though " wise up" is one of the best moments in film history

this is kind of a given but cameron crow is pretty fucking great too , but vanilla sky suffered a Bit with the inclusion of REM And radiohead

it just felt awkward like he was trying to fit it in

USTopGun47

I don't know... I kind of enjoyed the Vanilla Sky selections.  Red House Painters, Josh Rouse were some nice attributes.  I think everything in its right place and sweetness follows fit in nicely with the futuristic spin.
I'm somebody now, Harry. Everybody likes me. Soon, millions of people will see me and they'll all like me. I'll tell them about you, and your father, how good he was to us. Remember? It's a reason to get up in the morning. It's a reason to lose weight, to fit in the red dress. It's a reason to smile. It makes tomorrow all right. What have I got Harry, hm? Why should I even make the bed, or wash the dishes? I do them, but why should I? I'm alone. Your father's gone, you're gone. I got no one to care for. What have I got, Harry? I'm lonely. I'm old.