Next Project! (read about it here?)

Started by Kal, July 14, 2003, 01:22:14 AM

Kal

As you might have seen Im new around here... and I read a bunch of things but I cant go over everything... so I wanted to know if there is information about PTA's next project, and what is going to be, etc...

Thanks  :lol:

prophet

someone told me its going to be about something he has though about for 3 years.
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

Ghostboy

The subject's been covered pretty extensively, all in debate form...just look around the PTA forum, you'll see the stuff. For the real dirt, just visit Greg's site, www.ptanderson.com, where any and all news will be revealed as soon as it breaks. And that about covers it.

bonanzataz

ghostboy, you locked your first thread. i'm proud of you.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

PTA mentioned something along the 'adventure' lines at a recent "PDL" screening. Here's a run down:
http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=2406

Here's speculation:
http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=2003

Here's wishful thinking:
http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=158
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Spike

Somewhere I read, I think it was ptanderson.com of PTA doing a John Lennon-biopic. Dude, that would be fucking awesome!
Or imagine him doing a WW1 or WW2-movie.
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I heard he might do Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius...

I'm going to read it first, if so..
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Mellow Fellow

better yet, he could do YOU SHALL KNOW OUR VELOCITY!
that's a lot like baraka, since it goes all over the globe, and i defintiely read something about him wanting to do a baraka-esque thing, and its also pretty adventurous
hey its snowing outside! the best thing to do in the snow is drink wine and eatch cheese wheels and drink philosophy or read it if you prefer
Some people say I was an embarassment to the nation. Well, I say, that depends on what your definition of "was" is, jerk.

ono

I think it may have been a bad idea reopening this thread.  All it's going to do is lead to more speculation, and it's really silly and stupid watching some people speculate.  Just look at all the threads in this forum dedicated to it.  There are a few certain things we know about possibilities for PTA's next project:

* He said he'd like to do a musical.
* He said he'd like to do some sort of crazy action/adventure film.  This one seems most likely, from what I remember.
* He said he'd like to do something in the vein of Baraka and/or try to get totally away from dialogue and tell a story with music and visuals.
* The Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius rumor is so old now.  I hope you're joking, Walrus.

Correct me if I'm wrong or have left anything out.  The bottom line is, there is no new information now.  Not since the Xixax.com Q&A when he said his next film would be coming around "sooner than you think."  So why not lock this, spell it out for people, and wait for there to be something real to report on?

Pubrick

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaI think it may have been a bad idea reopening this thread.  All it's going to do is lead to more speculation, and it's really silly and stupid watching some people speculate.  Just look at all the threads in this forum dedicated to it.  There are a few certain things we know about possibilities for PTA's next project:

* He said he'd like to do a musical.
* He said he'd like to do some sort of crazy action/adventure film.  This one seems most likely, from what I remember.
* He said he'd like to do something in the vein of Baraka and/or try to get totally away from dialogue and tell a story with music and visuals.
* The Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius rumor is so old now.  I hope you're joking, Walrus.

Correct me if I'm wrong or have left anything out.  The bottom line is, there is no new information now.  Not since the Xixax.com Q&A when he said his next film would be coming around "sooner than you think."  So why not lock this, spell it out for people, and wait for there to be something real to report on?
thank u onomatopoeia.

i thought it might be a bad idea unlocking this thread, ppl are posting new ones about the same thing without even reading it. i'd like to lock it again, but then idiots will start new ones again and again saying the same 46yr old rumors that are already covered here.

ok i'm locking it again, i hope ppl hav no problem understanding this simple concept.
under the paving stones.

Jeremy Blackman

I had a dream about PTA's next movie. It was called "Cash Money Stolen" and it had already won a BAFTA for cinematography (though nobody knew the film existed).

ono

Have you ever had a dream come true / tell the future in some way before?

There's a bit more information about his next film being murmured on the IMDb boards.  Though it's probably not too much that we don't know.  It just gives a little more credence to the script being circulated, to Sean Penn and a California politician being attached, and it being even more secretive than Punch-Drunk Love (which is why we haven't heard too much).

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: ono mo cuishleHave you ever had a dream come true / tell the future in some way before?
Only this one...

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanI'm driving through a neighborhood, and I see a cop about 100 feet ahead of me. Suddenly I notice I'm going through a stop sign, so of course I fail to make a complete stop... the best I can do is slow down a little and continue towards the cop. He's ahead of me, but he slows down, stops, starts to turn slowly and awkwardly, and puts his lights on. I think he's trying to pull me over, so I slowly drive ahead of him on his right side. But as I'm doing so, he pops out of a sunroof in his car, weilds a big fire hose, and sprays the top of my car with a translucent glaze. He motions for me to turn around and pass him again on the opposite side. I do that, and he sprays me again. This happens a few more times. But suddenly I'm outside of my car, in fact there is no car... I'm standing in the street, I'm shirtless, and he's spraying me with the glaze. I realize two things: (1) this is a good thing, and (2) I'm an Arab. As he continues spraying me, it becomes an increasingly pleasurable, cathartic, and cleansing experience. He starts talking politics with me, but it's an awkward conversation. He doesn't need to say anything. Then to finish this thing off, he sprays me with water. It feels great. I'm crying and crying and I'm happy and I'm thanking him. I'm somehow leaving a building after this, and as I'm leaving I see posted on the door a nerdy high school picture of this guy, and above it his name: Reverend _______ (can't remember). I'm still crying with joy. Now I'm driving down the highway, and the dream ends with a cliffhanger: I see a cop several hundred feet ahead of me pulling somebody over.

Fernando

You bastards! For a second I thought there might be some real news about his next flim, I mean, I did the math:

((JB=Admin)+Unlocking Power)=Real News

:evil:  :yabbse-thumbdown:  :yabbse-thumbdown:  :evil: