PTA= IFC MOVIE CAMP

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, June 16, 2003, 08:07:07 PM

Thecowgoooesmooo

I went to the closing night of the Atlanta Film Festival 2 days ago and I saw the IFC movie CAMP.

At the beginning of CAMP we see a ripoff shot of this kids room, and it looks very similiar to Dirk's and as it rolls down to the mirror we see a Boogie Nights poster. Also the kid in the movie, has many characteristics of Dirk in Boogie Nights, and frequently likes to do karate hand movements in front of mirrors.

At the end of the movie I saw on the credits... SPECIAL THANKS TO PAUL THOMAS ANDERSON

At the film festival one of the actors from the IFC movie CAMP was there.. It's the guy who plays the piano in the movie, forgot his name, hes a real homo. But anyways... I asked him about Paul and he told me about how he got they got the rights to Boogie Nights material.

He said that of the many rights the film had to buy for using Names, ect. Paul gave them away for free, very givingly. What a nice guy. The reason I asked the question to the guy was because I thought Paul may have had other parts in helping with this IFC movie.

anyways, check it out, the musical numbers are pretty good...

chris

bonanzataz

i had to turn it off because it was just WAY too gay. it was fun, but it was just too... So in order to get back in touch with my masculine side i put on From Dusk Til Dawn instead. ROCK ON! i'm sure i could've taken it if i was in the mood, but that night i definitely was not.
it's supposed to be IFC's big hit this year and I think it definitely appeals to a certain crowd. like, people who go or have gone to performance arts camps and/or are very gay. i'm sure it will be a movie people will hide on their shelves and watch when nobody is looking years from now. a guilty pleasure.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Rudie Obias

Quote from: Thecowgoooesmoooforgot his name, hes a real homo.

Quote from: bonanzatazi had to turn it off because it was just WAY too gay.

now is there any need for this kind of language here?
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Pubrick

Quote from: rudieobnow is there any need for this kind of language here?
here we go with the oversensitive shit.

hav u seen the film? can u vouch that it might just be a little too gay for sum?

u all need to see the Tolerance Museum episode of south park where mr garrison is trying to get fired by being ultra-gay and everytime sumone points it out they send them to a tolerance camp. but he really was being too gay.

so anyway, don't make this another damn homo thread.  

U KNOW WHAT IS WORSE BUT NO ONE TAKES SERIOUSLY? i hate it when ppl go "i hate this celebrity so much i want them to die" fuck that shit, that's way more disturbing than saying the truth about gay stuff that is said in humor and with no ill feelings towards the life of the stranger. i'm really sick of this PC bullshit where everyone cries over nothing.

THIS CONCLUDES THIS ISSUE
under the paving stones.