Cats

Started by Jeremy Blackman, July 18, 2019, 05:32:24 PM

Rooty Poots

Do they just not show their exposed cat buttholes to keep the trailer G-rated or are there actually no exposed cat buttholes in this film???
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

Jeremy Blackman

This is... not making it better...

Jeremy Blackman

THAT SHOT OF THEM GOING DOWN THE STAIRS

Are these cats mouse-sized? If I saw one scurrying across the kitchen floor, I would absolutely stomp on it.

jenkins

to me it looks immensely better than Star Wars. just, way superior. but i'm also uncertain how this will land for me, if when and how i'll end up seeing it. could be a cool day at the theater but i don't know if that'll happen for me

wilberfan

I saw the trailer on the big screen recently, and it literally almost drove me into the lobby to avoid the cringe.   And I can't wrap my head around spending $300M on this...

wilberfan

Well, this might just change everything for me!

In a behind-the-scenes video, director Tom Hooper said the team behind the film used "digital fur technology to create the most perfect covering of fur."  "These are people, but they're cats," Corden helpfully and accurately explains in that video.

Source

EDIT: (This made me LOL even more:)

Quote...Bong Joon-Ho may have a point regarding movie costumes. The "Parasite" writer-director recently revealed why he could never direct a Marvel movie: "I can't stand people wearing tightfitting clothes," he told Variety.

"I'll never wear something like that, and just seeing someone in tight clothes is mentally difficult. I don't know where to look, and I feel suffocated," he said.

Jeremy Blackman

That Bong quote is amazing. I think I feel the same way.

wilberfan

QuoteI don't know where to look, and I feel suffocated.

Priceless.   

Ravi

Quote from: jenkins on November 19, 2019, 12:10:47 PM
to me it looks immensely better than Star Wars. just, way superior. but i'm also uncertain how this will land for me, if when and how i'll end up seeing it. could be a cool day at the theater but i don't know if that'll happen for me

I don't think I'll enjoy it per se, but at the very least it will be a weird experience. How often do we see a big-budget studio film that feels like a bizarre, baffling fever dream? I'm here for it.

WorldForgot

Sleepless

Quote from: WorldForgot on December 18, 2019, 06:45:38 PM
"I am watching all the cats, legs"

Oh, but that we still had a marquee...
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

wilberfan

Universal Notifies Theaters 'Cats' Is Being Updated With "Improved Visual Effects"
The move is unheard of for a finished film already in release.

On Friday — the movie's opening day — Universal notified thousands of theaters they will be receiving an updated version of Tom Hooper's troubled film with "some improved visual effects," according to a copy of the memo obtained by The Hollywood Reporter.

The move is unheard of for a finished title already in release, according to cinema operators and Hollywood studio executives. Insiders say it is being done at Hooper's request.

QuoteHooper has been upfront about the fact that he barely finished the CGI-heavy Cats in time for the Dec. 16 world premiere in New York City, and subsequently wanted to make more tweaks to certain effects, according to sources.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/universal-notifies-theaters-cats-is-being-updated-improved-visual-effects-1264689