Screenings of Interest

Started by wilberfan, October 04, 2018, 06:48:29 PM

Alethia

Quote from: wilberfan on August 29, 2019, 09:46:35 PM
The Master, 70mm.  Egyptian Theatre, Los Angeles.  September 14th, 2019, 7:30pm.

http://www.americancinemathequecalendar.com/content/the-master-5

[edit]  Just got my ticket. See you there!

Nice! I will give you a full reprieve from your naughtiness as a stowaway if you vividly describe to us how magnificent it looks.

wilberfan

New Bev announced today that they're adding a 10am screening--and will be using PTA's personal 35mm print.

http://thenewbev.com/program/september-9-punch-drunk-love-morning-show/

See you there. 

wilberfan

Well, I promised you guys (and the rest of the Cinemaverse) that I'd revisit this next time it came around on The Big Screen.   Hoping that seeing it with an assembled faithful the way God intended will improve the experience--or at least diminish my intense disappointment with my only other viewing.

INHERENT VICE, New Beverly Cinema, October 16 & 17, 2019 (with THE MODEL SHOP).

WorldForgot

So you thinking Natalie Wood or Anouk Aimée ?

wilberfan

Quote from: WorldForgot on September 23, 2019, 11:20:06 AM

I occasionally think of both (in a different context)--but I'm afraid I've missed the reference here...

WorldForgot

Quote from: wilberfan on September 23, 2019, 11:24:21 AM
Quote from: WorldForgot on September 23, 2019, 11:20:06 AM

I occasionally think of both (in a different context)--but I'm afraid I've missed the reference here...

You seeing it with Model Shop or Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice?

wilberfan

Ah. Sorry.  Duh.   The night of the 16th--but not staying for Model Shop.  Saw it a few weeks ago (on the small screen, however).

[edit]  This screening will have additional significance: It will complete a re-visit of all of PTA's features on the big screen since January 2018.  It's been a real blast seeing these all again (some more than once) with appreciative audiences.   Fingers-crossed that the Collective Vibe will pick me up and carry me along--at least to some extent. 

WorldForgot

Hell yeah. I'll be in the crowd vibin' along ~

Alethia

Mornin' Sam! Inherent Vice is the ultimate grower. Upend those paving stones and find the fucking beach.

jenkins

for indeterminable reasons the Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice screenings are no longer listed

jenkins

Something Spanish

watched IV for the first time in almost two years, it's just such a special movie, no words will do my feelings for it any justice. kept on rewatching certain scenes over and over, that and The Master never stop melting my being into a simpering pile of mush. 

Alethia

I find it has the most replay value of any of his films for me these days. Phantom Thread too, if I get some bubbly in me.

wilberfan

The New Bev seems to have added 2 days (for a total of four), pairing IV with The Long Goodbye the first two nights.  (PTA's personal 35mm print--as with Punch-Drunk Love recently.)

http://thenewbev.com/program/october-14-inherent-vice-the-long-goodbye

Alethia