Screenings of Interest

Started by wilberfan, October 04, 2018, 06:48:29 PM

wilberfan

MAGNOLIA (35mm) - June 5, 2021, 11am - Million Dollar Theater, Downtown Los Angeles

Tickets

wilberfan

wilberfan

Quote from: wilberfan on June 01, 2021, 01:35:45 PM
MAGNOLIA (35mm) - June 5, 2021, 11am - Million Dollar Theater, Downtown Los Angeles

My first visit to a theater since Jan of 2020 (16+ months) was a rousing success.  A nice print, a glorious movie, and an appreciative audience. About 100-ish of the faithful gathered on a late Saturday morning in downtown L.A. inside one of the first movie palaces built in the country.  (Thank you, Sid Grauman.) I especially enjoyed listening to the woman a couple of rows behind me that laughed heartily at every appropriate moment. 

And, because nerds gotta nerd, I even got a one-on-one tour of the projection booth following the screening. 

Hooray for (celluloid) Hollywood!

jenkins

wilberfan

wilberfan

35mm: Boogie, Magnolia, PDL, Blood, Master, IV, Thread

London, Nov 8 - 16, 2021

[edit]  How awesome would it be to revisit these just before #10 is released? 

nomorecoffee

I hope that as soon as there will be news about LP first pop-up screenings those news will be written here or in the LP thread so we can be faster than anybody else to get those tickets.........

wilberfan

Your lips to Paul's ears, my friend...

Yes

Follow the twitter account, get notifications.

And get me a NYC pass

nomorecoffee

Are you in NYC too? Let's get those tickets......

Yes

Quote from: nomorecoffee on October 19, 2021, 07:04:21 PM
Are you in NYC too? Let's get those tickets......

I'm close enough I'll take the trip!

Alethia

Anything happening in NYC I'll be on top of.

wilberfan

Fellow SoCal-ers:   Looks like the Frida Cinema in Orange County is doing a "MAGNIFICENT ANDERSONS" series:  All of Paul's and most (all?) of Wes's.

nomorecoffee

TIFF is hosting 3 screenings (BN, Master and PT) in 70mm plus David Lean's THE PASSIONATE FRIENDS!

https://tiff.net/calendar?series=pta&list

nomorecoffee

Do you guys think that PTA will attend also the first screening open to the general audience in NYC and LA for the limited release?
Do we know about the previous movies?