Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

wilberfan

Only 6 hours and 15 minutes.  But you gotta leave now.

Drenk

Ascension.

Alethia

wilberfan

Do a Facebook Live, or something, so we can ALL hang!

[edit]  We can work on the plans to all meet in L.A. in late November.... 

Montclair

Quote from: RudyBlatnoyd on September 14, 2021, 04:44:15 PM
Quote from: Montclair on September 14, 2021, 04:34:07 PM
One other thing, is it at all irresponsible to be doing this in the middle of a pandemic? The Delta Variant is causing surges everywhere and we've got people thinking about taking trips to NYC to voluntarily sit inside of a theater full of people just to see a damn trailer! If this were pre-Covid outbreak, then theaters getting more attendees to see 35mm prints would be 100% a good thing, but now we're in a situation where the only way to see this trailer is to put our lives at risk. It doesn't sit right with me.

Before you were complaining that the ostensible lack of a solid marketing campaign meant that people wouldn't be going out to see this in theatres, and now you're complaining that the prospect of seeing the trailer in 35mm is potentially sending some people out to the theatres... seems a bit contradictory?

Risk vs reward. A 2 minute trailer that should've been online 2 weeks ago isn't the same reward as a brand new feature film. Nothing contradictory at all about it.

Quote from: Yes on September 14, 2021, 04:40:50 PM
Quote from: Montclair on September 14, 2021, 04:34:07 PM
One other thing, is it at all irresponsible to be doing this in the middle of a pandemic? The Delta Variant is causing surges everywhere and we've got people thinking about taking trips to NYC to voluntarily sit inside of a theater full of people just to see a damn trailer! If this were pre-Covid outbreak, then theaters getting more attendees to see 35mm prints would be 100% a good thing, but now we're in a situation where the only way to see this trailer is to put our lives at risk. It doesn't sit right with me.

Most theaters--especially rep theaters--require vaccine or mask mandates

Great!

Drenk

Tik Tok dance in the dark. Maybe get Björk to drop a feature.
Ascension.

Robyn

Quote from: wilberfan on September 14, 2021, 05:00:47 PM
Do a Facebook Live, or something, so we can ALL hang!

Yeah, and put the link in the scoop section so we all can watch the trailer :pp

wilberfan

I just pray that Paul and/or the MGM marketing staff is lurking.  SO much free marketing advice in here!

Drenk

MGM: please add some spice by unleashing that big roaring lion in a movie theater.
Ascension.

jviness02

Quote from: wilberfan on September 14, 2021, 05:06:18 PM
I just pray that Paul and/or the MGM marketing staff is lurking.  SO much free marketing advice in here!

:laughing: :laughing:

Montclair

Quote from: wilberfan on September 14, 2021, 05:06:18 PM

How many of his films made a profit? It's okay to criticize your idols, buddy. I know he's your father figure but he'd respect you for not being a sycophant and not worshiping him as a hero.

He's made some of my favorite films and I want him to continue making them his way. That won't happen if people don't know about his movies. That's where marketing comes into play. It doesn't take a genius to see that IV, PT and this movie released trailers way too late in the game. PT recovered because of the unique, once in a liftetime circumstances I mentioned before.

Jeremy Blackman

I thought it was an open secret that a PTA film is always expected to lose money, and they're released for prestige value, however that's defined.

wilberfan

Hence the, "Whose turn is it to make a PTA movie?" quote!  :yabbse-grin:

Drenk

But now that everybody has lost money with the guy... :yabbse-grin:
Ascension.