XIXAX Film Forum

What shows are you watching?

Jeremy Blackman · 186 · 20128

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
Reply #180 on: August 07, 2021, 11:36:33 AM
Oh nice, I didnít know you were a Filmcast listener. Thatís where I heard about this too. I made a thread.

https://xixax.com/index.php?topic=14482.0
"Hunger is the purest sin"

Robyn

• The Master of Two Worlds
Reply #181 on: August 07, 2021, 01:00:55 PM
I only recently started listening to podcasts (used to be one of those anti-smartphone guys lol) and Filmcast is the one I'm obsessing over. Great humor and chemistry between them, and more often then not they have very interesting takes on things. Was listening to their Stowaway review today - a film I enjoyed to some degree, but they described it as some sort of masterpiece and brought up some really interesting things that completely went over my head on my first viewing. Made me wanna rewatch it instantly . 

Cool! I missed that thread. It's crazy how underrated it is when he is so committed to this whole thing. Highly recommend it to everyone here!

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
Reply #182 on: August 09, 2021, 06:49:54 PM
I only recently started listening to podcasts (used to be one of those anti-smartphone guys lol) and Filmcast is the one I'm obsessing over. Great humor and chemistry between them, and more often then not they have very interesting takes on things. Was listening to their Stowaway review today - a film I enjoyed to some degree, but they described it as some sort of masterpiece and brought up some really interesting things that completely went over my head on my first viewing. Made me wanna rewatch it instantly.

I discovered that podcast after seeking out reviews of "Get Out." Their take on that film (with guest Aisha Harris) was just stunningly insightful, so I was instantly hooked. Became completely obsessed with the podcast and listened to their entire back catalogue from the very beginning, downloading mp3 files one-by-one on slashfilm.com.

Co-host Jeff Cannata has gone on to create The Dungeon Run, which is one of my favorite things ever. He's obviously a great podcaster but TDR unlocks his entire array of talents.
"Hunger is the purest sin"

polkablues

• Child of Myth
  • Admin
Reply #183 on: September 06, 2021, 04:53:57 PM

Loving this show so far. It's reminding me a lot of Atlanta, at least Atlanta's less surreal, more grounded episodes. Few shows are so good at capturing that specificity of culture and setting.
My house, my rules, my coffee

wilberfan

• Unleash Yourself and Run Free
Reply #184 on: September 06, 2021, 06:40:14 PM
I'm enjoying 'Dogs' as well.  Not very plot-heavy, we just spend a little time in their world each episode--getting to know everyone.

wilberfan

• Unleash Yourself and Run Free
Reply #185 on: September 20, 2021, 12:08:14 AM