WTF with Marc Maron (Podcast)

Started by Reel, August 25, 2011, 04:15:44 AM

Reel

Doug Stanhope on WTF today:

http://www.wtfpod.com/

Reel

Alight, let's do this you Breaking Bad-ophiles, Breaking Bad-ophobes, Breaking Bad-ophytes. Bryan Cranston on WTF today

squints

amy sedaris on wtf next week!
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Reel

Norm's on WTF today,  check it!

Jeremy Blackman

I did listen to the Bryan Cranston interview on WTF. Wonderful interview. I've always liked Marc Maron, and he's a great and completely unique interviewer... the only problem is that his interviews are usually too intense for me. I feel emotionally drained after listening to them. Am I crazy?

Also, people need to listen to Pop Culture Happy Hour already.

itpc://www.npr.org/templates/rss/podlayer.php?id=129472378

This episode is still my favorite.

Reel

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on October 30, 2011, 02:25:15 PM
the only problem is that his interviews are usually too intense for me. I feel emotionally drained after listening to them. Am I crazy?

Maron digs deep and doesn't shy away from the questions that are in the forefront of his mind, but not in an asshole way like Howard Stern. He seems to focus on people's insecurities and shortcomings as really juicy topics. You get the feeling that he's experienced enough failure and rejection in his own life, and now that he's becoming somewhat succesful he's just itching to hear those stories come out of someone else in a way you wouldn't expect.

Ravi

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on October 30, 2011, 02:25:15 PM
I did listen to the Bryan Cranston interview on WTF. Wonderful interview. I've always liked Marc Maron, and he's a great and completely unique interviewer... the only problem is that his interviews are usually too intense for me. I feel emotionally drained after listening to them. Am I crazy?

Many of them are emotionally intense, but there are plenty that are less serious. The live ones are fun, and generally I've found that his interviews of improv comics aren't as dark as some of his interviews of stand-up comedians.

Reel

Todd Glass came out on WTF today. Really good episode. Possibly the best ever?

This is Todd Glass, BTW

polkablues

Marc Maron is a goddamn interview wizard.  Why is he squandering his powers on comedians alone?  He should be out there making world leaders cry and confess their secrets.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Reel

I'd like to hear him delve into Obama's coke habit

Jeremy Blackman

He would be amazing with his own Charlie Rose style television show. Why is this not happening yet?

Reel

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on January 16, 2012, 11:22:52 PM
He would be amazing with his own Charlie Rose style television show. Why is this not happening yet?

They're workin' on it

Tictacbk

Also, David Steinberg is already attempting to rip off his idea with a television show:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tca-showtime-inside-comedy-preview-281180

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Reelist on January 17, 2012, 06:11:57 AM
Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on January 16, 2012, 11:22:52 PM

They're workin' on it

That's so bizarre. So it's not actually an interview show... it's a fictionalized interview show, possibly in the style of a sitcom? What?

polkablues

The Larry Sanders Show in a garage?  That's not at all what I was asking for.
My house, my rules, my coffee