Water or Vodka?

Started by Pozer, January 29, 2008, 01:19:13 PM

Pozer

is it vodka or water tho?  he drinx from his flask when he stands up and then goes for the jug.  the way he chugs it appears more like a hungover thirst quencher.

diggler

yea, i thought the same thing. At first it seemed like vodka but the length of the chug led me to believe it was water, like he was trying to sober up for a battle of wits
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Gamblour.

I still think it's vodka. Why couldn't they just put a little "XXX" on the bottle?
WWPTAD?

modage

no, i still think its water.  daniel drinks whiskey the whole film.  why would he suddenly start CHUGGING vodka?  i think its water because he also swigs from his whiskey flask. 
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Jeremy Blackman

Isn't there a reaction shot of Eli, and he seems a little shocked/horrified by the chugging?

Can someone find this in the script?

Pozer

it's water.  what modge said.

cine

sorry i just jumped into the debate now.. didn't even hear the interview yet but.. common sense says that would be water.

Jeremy Blackman

It's in a plastic bottle too, isn't it? I'm not aware of Vodka that comes in plastic bottles. Still, there's a reaction shot of Eli being shock/horrified during the water chugging. Doesn't make complete sense.

squints

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on February 02, 2008, 02:12:28 PM
I'm not aware of Vodka that comes in plastic bottles.

obviously you've never had McCormick's out of a big plastic bottle http://www.mccormickdistilling.com/vodka/ageverify.php?accesscheck=%2Fvodka%2Findex.php

and in turn...you haven't lived!!

Get a Handle!!!
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: squints on February 02, 2008, 04:12:51 PM
Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on February 02, 2008, 02:12:28 PM
I'm not aware of Vodka that comes in plastic bottles.

obviously you've never had McCormick's out of a big plastic bottle http://www.mccormickdistilling.com/vodka/ageverify.php?accesscheck=%2Fvodka%2Findex.php

and in turn...you haven't lived!!

Get a Handle!!!

I don't drink, so I'm pretty ignorant about these things. :doh:

picolas

the script mentions a lot of empty bottles lying around at the beginning of the scene and never mentions the massive swig directly but it does say "Daniel pours himself a drink." i'm pretty sure the bottle isn't plastic. it's a used glass liquor bottle. the label has been taken off but you can still see bumps of a brand name on it if i remember right. why would he pour new liquor into an old bottle? my gut said it was vodka on my first view because it's such a shocking image/progression of his drinking, but i'm beginning to believe water. help me, journalists!

JG

picolas

Astrostic

modage

its glass and you do see bumps of a brand name on it.  i still think its water.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.