Ain't Them Bodies Saints

Started by Pozer, July 15, 2012, 01:01:16 PM

Ghostboy

Yay!

It'll start off in NY and LA and probably several theaters in Texas, but I think it'll open relatively wide (for an art house film) after that.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Ghostboy on March 13, 2013, 01:52:54 PM
It'll start off in NY and LA and probably several theaters in Texas, but I think it'll open relatively wide (for an art house film) after that.

I hope it's safe to assume that Austin will be one of those Texas theaters because I can't think of a better time and place to see this than a hot Texas summer.
Trailer soon? I've been braggin' about David to everyone here for a while now.

polkablues

Pretty please and thank you on whenever you can get a trailer out.  It's pretty amazing that over a month after Sundance, with a theatrical deal in place, all any of us have seen of the movie (well, those of us who haven't SEEN THE MOVIE) is a single promotional still.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Ghostboy

The trailer(s) and posters and such will start hitting in May.

And yeah, it'll definitely open in Austin, if not that first weekend than the week after. It'll open theatrically in all major markets and a fair amount of not-so-major ones as well.

Releasing just one still was definitely by design. New ones will be trickling out soon, though. There's going to be some pretty cool stuff coming out in the run-up to the release. Taking a few pages from The Master playbook...

Jeremy Blackman

Ain't them trailers late...

My deepest apologies for what I just did.

Cloudy

That image is such a great tease to the "scenery you can touch" as Ghostboy/DL put it in one of his interviews. I remember him speaking of using TWBB as a precedent for that approach. Did he ever divulge all the lenses/camera/stock/etc. he was working with? I forgot whether he used film or not...

Drenk

The movie is at Cannes for La Semaine de la Critique. Cool.

In french, it's Texas's Lovers. :yabbse-undecided:

And a new still, right? Or not exactly the same.

Ascension.

jenkins

http://www.lafilmfest.com/films/summer-showcase/

fun, nice, fun, nice. guess this fest also has i'm so excited! and only god forgives. i haven't been to this fest for a few years (since a shaw bros restoration event at the hammer museum -- lol maybe) and the tickets seem confusing, but

lowery, if you're city entering and chilling, your movie is playing in a showcase that my friend's movie is playing in. he saw your movie at sundance and was a big fan. idk, message me if you're in the city, if you want

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Starring Ben Foster as Daniel Plainview.
My house, my rules, my coffee

ElPandaRoyal

Also, after watching Side Effects, I will now be extremely jealous of anyone who gets to work with Rooney Mara.
Si

Cloudy

I wannna know how the experience was working with these actors.

Can we get XIXAX to do a Q&A with Ghostboy?

matt35mm

I just woke up from a dream that I was watching this movie. There was an extreme moment of violence that jolted me awake. Good job.

©brad

I'm more excited for this than I am Inherent Vice.

Ghostboy

Quote from: matt35mm on May 10, 2013, 08:32:28 AM
I just woke up from a dream that I was watching this movie. There was an extreme moment of violence that jolted me awake. Good job.

I will dispel any hope for extreme violence right now, but I still hope that it lives up to your dream in some regards!