Lux Æterna (Gaspar Noé)

Started by wilder, April 05, 2022, 06:10:30 PM

wilder

Béatrice Dalle and Charlotte Gainsbourg are on a film set telling stories about witches. Technical problems and psychotic outbreaks gradually plunge the shoot into chaos.

Written and Directed by Gaspar Noé
Opens at Metrograph in NY May 6, 2022 / Los Angeles on May 13, 2022. Blu-ray forthcoming from Vinegar Syndrome partner label Yellow Veil Pictures

polkablues

Climax meets Living in Oblivion? Yes, please.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Yes

this is probably Gaspar's best film

WorldForgot

Personally I wouldn't consider this his 'best' but it certainly feelz like a sibling to CLIMAX. I adore both.

I can't wait to watch this dozenz more timez throughout my life. An assault on the optic nerves. All of Gaspar Noe's filmz are in their own way howling for cinema to be art. Here the violence is at its purest, literally attacking the viewer. You may come to know yourself better through this experience, I certainly noticed patterns in my vision I had forgotten, if ever I knew them.

Yes there iz, also, a script and sick interplay of diegetic camera/invasion/exploited female bodies; and one side plot that iz pure Noe-morbid-humor involving a nanny. But the medium is the message and that iz Cinema as extension of the body and mind.

Cinema as psychic tool.

WorldForgot

EXTREME STROBE WARNING
this 'essay' preceded Lux Aeterna at (two?) fesitval screenings

wilder

Blu-ray from Vinegar Syndrome partner label Yellow Veil Pictures on July 26, 2022

WorldForgot

I'm a bit confused as to whether the Standard comes with the booklet, or if the Limited Edition is the only version with the booklet... Either way, will definitely get one of them.