What's the first thing most people ask you after seeing Magnolia?

Started by Myxo, December 06, 2006, 03:24:22 AM

Neil

Wait a second? i didn't quite get that frogs thing, can you explain that one more time...in great detail?
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Pubrick

leave the comedy to the professionals. and leave living to those who deserve it. i hope to god you're sterile.
under the paving stones.

Neil

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

Quote from: Neil on January 17, 2007, 04:54:37 AM
Wait a second? i didn't quite get that frogs thing, can you explain that one more time...in great detail?

I Live to make sure this question is rarely (and only necessarily) asked.

john

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

grand theft sparrow

OK, so if we all mass-donate to xixax again, the admins could bid for us and with 10 cases, we could each get our own frog!

Quote from: The seller
EACH WEIGHS "ABOUT" 80 LBS.

Translation: each weighs exactly 82 lbs.

last days of gerry the elephant

Quote from: sparrowhoff on May 16, 2007, 01:44:29 PM
OK, so if we all mass-donate to xixax again, the admins could bid for us and with 10 cases, we could each get our own frog!

That would be so cool to have one of those.

john

It is now down to three bucks a frog. Get 'em while they last.

I bought three, as to not be greedy.

And, well, really... how many frogs do I really need?

The answer is quite a bunch, but three will do.

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

Pubrick

"INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME,BUT I DO ASK A MINIMUM $20.00 ORDER"

ok so would that be at least 7 frogs to total $21 pre-postage? or is postage part of the deal, cos it's prolly gonna cost more than $20 just to send ONE over, let alone a whole bunch. i will ask him!

and the frogs are described as "unpainted", so they're not the ultra realistic ones are they? i dunno.
under the paving stones.

72teeth

My sister got me one years ago and they aren't the easiest thing to maintain or display....
They're kinda sticky, so its not something you wanna handle too much.... and god forbid you ever drop on the floor, i imagine you'd be picking lint off it forever. When i got mine, it still had street tar crumbs stuck to it from the set, which only made it that much cooler. And the paint is bound to rub off.
And there's really no possible way to display it. if you leave it out, itll just become a dust magnet. Mines in a big ziplock baggie tacked up in my bathroom... It makes for a good conversation piece to say the least and is actually a pretty cool way to segway into sitting them down and watching Ol' Maggie...

oh and if you re a prankster, they're super realistic looking and they're hollow, so you could fill it up with jello/spaghetti-o's/etc. and throw it at someones car and really fuck them up for life... <--- someone do this! 

i'd buy three.
one for fanboy
one for prankboy
and one more because it's the best piece of movie memorabilia ever!
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

The Perineum Falcon

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Pozer

last days of gerry the elephant

Quote from: Pubrick on June 01, 2007, 01:59:14 AM
"INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME,BUT I DO ASK A MINIMUM $20.00 ORDER"

ok so would that be at least 7 frogs to total $21 pre-postage? or is postage part of the deal, cos it's prolly gonna cost more than $20 just to send ONE over, let alone a whole bunch. i will ask him!

and the frogs are described as "unpainted", so they're not the ultra realistic ones are they? i dunno.

There's an auction for the painted and unpainted sets.
Luckily, the painted frogs are over $20 each, so we can survive shipping costs paying for just one.

I also asked what the international shipping would be. I hope it's not too much.

Edit:
"$10.00 SHIPS UP TO 5 FROGS"

So I ordered one of the painted ones, and 2 of the unpainted.