Who's Next To Croak?

Started by cine, September 28, 2003, 11:07:39 AM

wilberfan

wilberfan

Alethia

mogwai

Michael Lang, co-creator of the original Woodstock festival.

Reel

That's crazy, I just watched the Woodstock '99 HBO doc with him in it last night!

mogwai

Quote from: Reelist on January 09, 2022, 09:01:43 AM
That's crazy, I just watched the Woodstock '99 HBO doc with him in it last night!

Don't feel guilty. When I bought the Sopranos box set on dvd, it was the day before James Gandolfini passed away

ono

Bob Saget :(

(He was one of Norm's best friends, too.)

Reel

Jeremy Blackman

Truly one of the worst.

Also he was a 78-year-old who legitimately looked 98.

mogwai

Jean-Jacques Beineix. He directed "Betty Blue 37,2" and also "IP5: L'île aux pachydermes" which is a underrated one if you ask me. I'm almost wandering into The Gold Trumpet territory here!

ono

wilberfan

Jimmy Johnson, blues guitarist

I got seriously into the blues (the music and, unfortunately, the feeling) in the 80s...so I'm shocked that I don't think I'd ever encountered this particular Mr. Johnson...  RIP.

wilberfan

Reel

Wow, as someone who's had 2001, Close Encounters, and Blade Runner queued to rewatch for the past couple years, it will really heighten the experience knowing he's the visionary behind all those effects. I'm sure I've known about him, I just forgot the name.

wilberfan

I was quite a fanboy of his--devoured everything I could find on him and the making of those 3 films especially, in those pre-Internet days.