Kevin Smith talks shit about Magnolia AGAIN!

Started by Henry Krinkle, February 11, 2005, 08:38:45 PM

socketlevel

he has some good points, although it's too bad that his stuff is worse for far different reasons.  pta may be overly flashy in shooting style, but ks is guilty of the same in his dialog.

and what's up with the other asshole coming in to give his two cents.  i would love one of the kevin smith's buddies, to just once, take the other side of the argument.

don't slap the hand that feeds you i guess...

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

Pubrick

this argument died years ago, along with whatever significance kevin smith ever had in cinema.

the end.
under the paving stones.

Pozer

SHAFTR

Quote from: Gingerhttp://home.cwru.edu/~bcl3/

I don't agree with the comment by Vincent, but I will say that his debut "A Better Place" is a pretty decent ultra-low budget film.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

modage

Neo Zeed:  I for one am glad that Kevin stopped talking shit and has got back to his roots.  After Chasing Amy and Dogma, Kevin got a real swelled head, and started talking shit about Ed Burns, Tim Burton, and Paul Thomas Anderson.

Kevin Smith: First off, be fair: I was talking shit about Ed Burns, circa "Mallrats".

And the shit I talked about PTA was about one of his flicks. Have you never given your opinion of a movie in the Talkbacks of AICN? Indeed, the sentence above could be construed as YOU talking shit about ME, simply because you stated your (muddled, IMHO) opinion. And in this instance, you weren't even asked: you volunteered it. In the case of my comments about "Magnolia", someone ASKED me what I thought of the flick, and I answered. How is that shit-talking?

http://www.viewaskew.com/theboard/viewtopic.php?p=1192656#1192656
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

Quote from: Kevin SmithIn the case of my comments about "Magnolia", someone ASKED me what I thought of the flick, and I answered. How is that shit-talking?
if it came out of your mouf, it's shit-talking.
under the paving stones.

analogzombie

considering how bad his films are, who cares what the hell he has to say. When PTA makes his "Jersey Girl" I'll gladly join Smith in the bashing, for now though, he needs to turn his attention to his own output.
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

you know, PTA has my heart, but at the same time I was getting into KS (that's short for kevin smith I'm clever hah)

And to be honest, reading his comebacks to the posters really made my night. I slept better after reading how he railed on them with logic, and when he ran out of logic, blowjob jokes. I don't know man.

Iliked it. And PTA is the man. So anyways. Oi.

Rudie Obias

does kevin smith even matter anymore?  he's a hack!!  plain and simple.  he just made my list with tim burton, bryan singer and roger avery.  congradualtions silent bob, you're a hack!!
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Alethia

bad filmmaker, funny comedian ive always thought

jigzaw

My god, Kevin Smith sucks.  What a waste of potential.  He could be interesting if he wasn't so #@$@#ing lazy and potheaded.

Fart.  That's funny.

Tictacbk

Quote from: jigzawMy god, Kevin Smith sucks.  What a waste of potential.  He could be interesting if he wasn't so #@$@#ing lazy and potheaded.

...feel free to swear for real.

fuck.

Neil

I just had a quick question

Q: Is this forum for people's thoughts?

I'm probably wrong, but i thought it was, my condolences.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Pubrick

Quote from: Neil on March 15, 2006, 09:55:00 PM
I just had a quick question

Q: Is this forum for people's thoughts?

I'm probably wrong, but i thought it was, my condolences.
what the hell are you asking? seriously. and secondly, who are you? jesus christ this is the most worthless thread revival ever.
under the paving stones.

greenowl

I don't speak up. But thank you Pubrick.

Neil, if you have some grand (or even pedestrian) defense of Kevin Smith, we'd all love to hear it.