PTA's DVD picks

Started by Jeremy Blackman, January 15, 2003, 01:30:38 PM

Just Withnail

Quote from: cronopio*crosses arms*

No, man, use em to post.

ono

Quote from: cronopioI dig this discussion.

*crosses arms*
*snaps fingers*

Groovy, man.  Pass the Kool-Aid.

Stefen

Quote from: Hedwig
Quote from: StefenHedwig, were you calling me out on the last page  :?:
I didn't like this:
Quote from: StefenI was starting to think we had a bunch of clones around here.  
That's all.

Ah, sucks you didn't like it. Oh well, that's all.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

hedwig

Stefen

That doesn't even make sense.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

hedwig

Quote from: StefenThat doesn't even make sense.

Is that better?

Stefen

Pull that ewok out of your ass and talk some sense, fanboy.

Ernie

Quote from: StefenThat doesn't even make sense.

it's probably not suppose to man, it's like "quirky" or something, i guess.

MacGuffin

Putney Swope Swoops Onto DVD
Downey Sr.'s classic satire due in Aug.[/i]

On August 1, 2006, Image Entertainment will release Putney Swope on DVD. The underground sensation of the '60s (and a work of Robert Downey, Sr.) revolves around a black man that's elected CEO of a Madison Avenue ad agency, and the revolution that he brings with him. It will feature a host of bonus materials and extra features, and will be available for the MSRP of $19.99.

The Putney Swope DVD will feature the following bonus materials:

*Liner notes by film programmer and historian Charles Coleman
*Director Robert Downey's first-ever audio commentary
*Video interview with Robert Downey, Sr.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Cloudy

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on January 15, 2003, 01:30:38 PM
The latest are "Joseph Campbell: The Power of Myth" and "Jazz on a Summer's Day" ...

I was surprised by the Power of Myth pick... I've seen it and it's really good, but I thought PTA had a grudge against Star Wars...

Sorry to raise up an old thread from the dead, but does anyone know when PTA cited Campbell? I'm going through this stuff, and it's pretty great. Curious to know the context too.

Pubrick

I don't know where he dropped it but Campbell is a given for any storyteller worth a damn. It's like if he recommended Citizen Kane.

What I wanna see more of is PTA's Nose Picks. I hear each one is a golden treasure!
under the paving stones.