The Book of Boba Fett

Started by Jeremy Blackman, December 31, 2021, 01:41:33 AM

Jeremy Blackman

Mandalorian spin-off featuring the one and only.

The first episode was bad, but I'll probably continue watching

Jeremy Blackman

This might be the worst fight choreography I've ever seen. (Let's just say Robert Rodriguez has lost a step.) But it's magnificent to behold.

0:00 – Starts out okay.

0:02 – We're already in trouble. The upskirt shot doesn't remotely match the following shot.

0:09 – The explosion blows Boba's helmet off and knocks him on his butt. Cut to: Boba standing there completely unharmed.

0:15 – Commence awkward poking. All parties involved must keep their feet planted on the ground for this round of fighting.

0:32 – Most of the ninjas turn off their shields (why?), so Fennec starts kicking them in the shins. Now the ninjas sort of just stand there and start falling over.

polkablues

Any steps that Robert Rodriguez once had, he lost over 20 years ago. But the larger issue is that WE DON'T NEED MORE STAR WARS THINGS. The original Star Wars had a novel aesthetic and a script that followed the hero's journey slavishly enough that it tickled the part of our lizard brain that craves mythic narratives, but good god, that story world is not so interesting and unique that it can withstand 45 straight years of dead horse beating. The Star Wars have raged on long enough, and we've lost, thoroughly and decisively. It's time to withdraw.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Drenk

We haven't entered a new trilogy, I'll take this small blessing for now.
Ascension.

mogwai

Spoiler: ShowHide
The scene inside Sarlacc was surely the icing of the cake!

mogwai

Spoiler: ShowHide
Return of a Rancor! Not THE Rancor but another one was pretty sweet. Although I find Bobas request of riding it to be a bit odd. I'm thinking he survived the Sarlaac pit and know he can do anything. The pov of Rancor looking at Boba was unsettling to say the least. I hope not something happens where Boba gets critically injured by him. I do understand that sentence sounds funny.  The mod motorbike thingies in town was a bit cringey!