XIXAX Film Forum

Licorice Pizza - Interviews

itwasgood · 141 · 7574

ono, Jeremy Blackman and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wilberfan

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • PTA PhD
Reply #135 on: January 14, 2022, 09:20:14 PM

(I met Flo outside the El Portal when I complimented the crew on their work without knowing who she was.  When she introduced herself as the Production Designer I blanched a little and was grateful I'd said something complimentary!)

Do NOT miss this video.  There are a TON of awesome Set Dec / Prod Design BTS shots in it.   (In fact, I just spent an hour grabbing all of them.): 

https://imgur.com/a/Ae731BP

ono

• The Master of Two Worlds
Reply #136 on: January 14, 2022, 09:35:24 PM
Those photos are beautiful.  Nice job grabbing them!  Seeing this makes it all the more impressive the cinematography of the film.  This ties in well with the Film School Friday Kevin Smith podcast, just his reiteration of a capturing of a time.  The film doesn't just feel like it's set in the 70s.  It feels like it's made in the 70s.  And this is never more evident with seeing the before after seeing the after.

Yes

• The Magic Flight
Reply #137 on: January 14, 2022, 09:50:41 PM
First watch is almost overwhelming with how ascribed it is to 70s aesthetics. A film hasn’t been lit like this in forever. When you’re used to the gray muted Marvel aesthetic or Netflix compressed color grade, the white in LP is luminous

Rooty Poots

• The Vision Quest
    • Rooty Poots

Yes

• The Magic Flight
Reply #139 on: Yesterday at 01:48:22 AM

itwasgood

• The Vision Quest
Reply #140 on: Today at 09:51:28 AM
Interview with Alana and Mark Bridges

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal