PTA Personal Life

Started by wilberfan, February 07, 2018, 10:35:06 PM

wilberfan

HACKANUT

Wasn't there some screening of Inherent Vice Alamo drafthouse did that involved smoking weed with pta on a party bus?

Drenk

Quote from: HACKANUT on February 08, 2022, 11:18:33 PM
Wasn't there some screening of Inherent Vice Alamo drafthouse did that involved smoking weed with pta on a party bus?

Oh. The pre-Covid times...
Ascension.

Rooty Poots

Quote from: HACKANUT on February 08, 2022, 11:18:33 PM

That weed party bus is where he declined the offer of weed, though, saying he doesn't really smoke it much. (Then later said there was enough smoke on the bus anyway that he didn't need to personally smoke it to get the effects.)
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

Drill

This is a 3 (!) hour talk with Maya. The most PTA-heavy talk is around 44:00 and 1:58:00.

wilberfan

Maya Rudolph Is Hiding in Plain Sight

QuoteSo Rudolph walked into an office and opened up the Mac SE/30 on the desk. The name of its previous user popped up onscreen: Paul Thomas Anderson.

The filmmaker, who'd broken out with the 1997 drama Boogie Nights, had been at SNL the week before. He was getting ready to make Punch-Drunk Love with former castmember Adam Sandler when Molly Shannon, with whom he had mutual friends, invited him to come see how the show came together. Before Anderson knew it, he was directing a short. Rudolph remembers catching a glimpse of him on show night; he remembers seeing her name listed as a new castmember on a piece of paper. He knew in that moment that his "life had just changed," he later told SmartLess co-hosts Will Arnett, Jason Bateman and Sean Hayes.

As the story goes, Anderson went back home to Los Angeles, where he watched Rudolph on TV and was bowled over by how talented she was. On his way to London to work on his Sandler dramedy, he made sure to stop briefly in New York to come by the show and meet her. "Then I got to London and thought, 'Well, something doesn't feel right,' " he said, "and I just came back to New York [to take her out]." That was 22 years and four children ago. Rudolph says she knew only pieces of that story before she heard Anderson telling it on air, though she plays coy on which pieces.

QuoteRudolph's been known to pop up in Anderson's films from time to time, too, beginning with Inherent Vice, which she shot four days after giving birth. "The timing was a little intense," she acknowledges, "but I would do anything that Paul asked me to do." His latest, Licorice Pizza, included not only Rudolph but also all four of their children and many of their friends. The decision was born out of necessity, she says, since they were shooting early in the pandemic and wanted to be sure they knew and trusted everybody on set. "So, it was just our universe for that period, and it saved us because we all got to be together. Plus, my kids got to watch their dad make a film, from the ground up, and we were all part of it. Pearl, my oldest, she really loved it — all the kids did."

Drill

QuoteThe Hollywood Reporter learned that Harris and husband, First Gentleman Doug Emhoff, headed to the home of CAA's Bryan Lourd and husband Bruce Bozzi for a dinner described as "a gathering of old friends." The guest list included Lourd's CAA comrade Kevin Huvane, Barry Diller, Greg Berlanti and husband Robbie Rogers, Allison Janney, Disney's Kareem Daniels and filmmaker Paul T. Anderson with wife Maya Rudolph, who won an Emmy in 2021 for hosting duties on Saturday Night Live during which she portrayed the vice president. (No word, however, on what was discussed or whether they dished on her impersonation.)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/politics-news/kamala-harris-hollywood-dining-bryan-lourd-1235164952/

WorldForgot

Drill

wilberfan

Holy crap, for a PTA Nerdboy like me, that's an EPIC find!  :bravo:

[edit] And, oh my goodness, Elizabeth is in that photo (in the LA T-shirt and flower in her hair).  She was Paul's assistant on SOGGY, and she had a strong, um, opinion about me...  ;-)

wilberfan

Unless this was only recently uploaded, I have no earthly explanation for why I haven't seen this before today.

(It's within the realm of possibility that that young girl could be the sister from whom I've personally received more than one stink-eye.)  :shock:

wilberfan

Just shy of 15?   :ponder:

"Air date June 7, 1985. Thanks for watching! "

ono