Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

martinthewarrior

it is not (thank god).

Vicko99

Yes

RDJ, Ferrell, Carrey, Franco seem most reasonable names, then

Franco same age range, originally rumored/discussed The Master

RDJ/Carrey were rumored (especially in RDJ's case) or PTA has expressed affinity for them before

Ferrell more of a long shot guess but does have the persona to fit a contemporary PTA funny drama

Vicko99

If it's Franco this gonna be the first PTA I won't be watching

Tdog

Is this Will Ferrell suggestion coming up because I and another member were joking about remaking The Master with different actors? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's one of these:

Possibilites:
DeNiro (he mentioned in an interview about a year ago that he had met with PTA)
Penn
Downey Jr.
Gordon-Levitt
Franco (martinthewarrior ruled out Renner but didn't mention Franco. Hmmmmmm)
Gosling

Lempwick

Now I'm leaning Franco.

trytotell

Didn't he literally get bored of Franco and completely lose interest in him? Plus the whole #metoo thing...

RDJ: The timing finally seems right. He may be older than DiCaprio but looks younger than his years. What if Pinocchio is back on?  :lol:

I forgot about that DeNiro thing. He did mention they they had dinner.

Apparently, Penn is about to direct and star in a new movie with his daughter, so I think that rules him out.

Tdog

Quote from: trytotell on April 26, 2019, 02:35:46 PM
Didn't he literally get bored of Franco and completely lose interest in him? Plus the whole #metoo thing...

No, they had some meetings (where PTA didn't talk about the movie) and PTA eventually asked him if he found the role scary and Franco said no, and then saw the movie and was was like "oooohh you wanted me to lose my mind" (I'm paraphrasing a Franco interview).

Don't know if Franco's metoo thing has affected his career much.
Either way he's done his best work ever in The Deuce.

Sleepless

RDJ as a contemporary Pinocchio. So it is about Trump.

Please not Franco.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Drenk

Oh. I can see the similarities between Dicaprio and Franco. Maybe he needs a smug, overacting comedian for the lead. :yabbse-grin:
Ascension.

Tdog

Quote from: Drenk on April 26, 2019, 02:57:17 PM
Oh. I can see the similarities between Dicaprio and Franco. Maybe he needs a smug, overacting comedian for the lead. :yabbse-grin:

They are both good when they play likeable pricks......just like Tom Cruise.

trytotell

Quote from: Tdog on April 26, 2019, 03:03:24 PM

RDJ fits that bill too.

Tdog

Quote from: trytotell on April 26, 2019, 03:07:43 PM
Quote from: Tdog on April 26, 2019, 03:03:24 PM

RDJ fits that bill too.

Danny McBride confirmed!

pynchonikon

RDJ without further discussion, they want to do something together for years, he's just finished with the Avengers franchise, it's now or never, a big star and one of the few names in the industry that will guarantee good performance at the box office (something that PTA needs so much). Also he's a really good actor whenever he doesn't play himself and decides to actually act (like Tom Cruise, more or less), so I'm sure he will do his best.

I like a lot of Franco's performances, he's been occasionally very good and unjust to himself with many of his career choices imo, but honestly, watching him leading a PTA movie? I dunno. And I can't even imagine The Master with him as Freddie, thank God that didn't happen.

wilberfan

I trust PTA's skills in casting completely.  As far as I'm concerned, every actor he's ever worked with has given career-best performances.   It's fun to speculate, but it's not really something I'm concerned about.