cigs & redvines possible interview

Started by modage, September 03, 2012, 06:43:40 PM

Reel

Quote from: md on January 30, 2013, 10:21:20 AM
Isnt his wife half black?

well, he likes using different blacks in his movies, but just one in the bedroom

I remeber PTA saying in an audio interview that when he was 18-19, he'd pop a dvd in at the morning, afternoon and night. 

Damn, that dude's always been ahead of the curve with home theater technology...

Kind of reminds me of that Sublime song...

so he only watched Spike Lee movies?

md

Would smoke three spike lee joints just for u reelist.
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

modage

Interview with JoAnne Sellar coming tomorrow.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

malkovich

fucking fantastic interview. you're doing a killer job with these, mod. i had no idea how involved sellar's job actually is, and i love her that much more now.

:bravo:

Cloudy

You really are Modage. I'm anticipating the Jack Fisk interview A LOT (if that subtle hint means you got him =). I really don't think PTA exaggerates very much in how huge his position is in the whole production.

md

Hey Mod, not to steal your thunder, cuz you're doing a helluva job...but can you ever do a Catchin' up with Greg Mariotti interview? I'm sure he would appreciate it and so would some old skoolers around here that know what I'm talking about...you know who you are...
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

Pubrick

Quote from: md on February 05, 2013, 11:40:09 PM
Hey Mod, not to steal your thunder, cuz you're doing a helluva job...but can you ever do a Catchin' up with Greg Mariotti interview? I'm sure he would appreciate it and so would some old skoolers around here that know what I'm talking about...you know who you are...

no way,  that guy's a jerk.
under the paving stones.

modage

Interview with Mark Bridges (costume designer on every PTA film) coming tomorrow. We talk Joaquin's high pants, PTA's understanding of color informing emotion and which 60s film he's looking at for "Inherent Vice" inspiration.

Reel

I will be your assistant for free and clean your house and shit for free if you let me work with you

modage

Pubrick

thanks [for the] interview, dude. keep [up] the good [work].

do they [mind] that you put in all those [extra bits] in their responses? 

did the tape cut out or was it just unclear or what? i tried reading it without those and sometimes it made perfectly good sense.
under the paving stones.

modage

Ha, well I'm trying to add them for clarification [when people trail off or something], assuming that not everyone reading will be quite as up on things as we are but yeah, went in and cleaned it up a bit. Thanks.

Cloudy

Who's coming up next? And once again, these are awesome.  :yabbse-thumbup:

modage

Thanks! Next up: Production Designers Jack Fisk & David Crank. Monday 2/11.

It's long and it's a good one.

They mentioned an aborted sequence in "The Master" set in space. (Not kidding.)