Best Original Music

Started by Jeremy Blackman, April 05, 2012, 09:48:05 PM

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jeremy Blackman



Best Original Music: DRIVE

THE NOMINEES

Contagion
Drive
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
Hanna
Submarine
Living life big time

Jeremy Blackman

I think people chronically misunderstand this category.

The music in Drive that people were really voting for is not original music.
Living life big time

Fernando

thats probably true, I voted dragon.

polkablues

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on April 06, 2012, 01:07:57 PM
I think people chronically misunderstand this category.

The music in Drive that people were really voting for is not original music.

Not necessarily true.  Yes, I'm sure a lot of people had "A Real Hero" and "Nightcall" in mind when they were voting, but Cliff Martinez's score is such a vital part of how great this movie is.

This raises a question, though.  We're not the Academy, why do we even give a fuck about original music or sourced music?  Maybe for the future, the category should just be "Best Music", as in the best use of music, be it score or soundtrack or whatever.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: polkablues on April 06, 2012, 05:12:35 PMNot necessarily true.  Yes, I'm sure a lot of people had "A Real Hero" and "Nightcall" in mind when they were voting, but Cliff Martinez's score is such a vital part of how great this movie is.

Well, I need to rewatch the movie, but that sounds fair. I just think the bolded part is more likely.

Quote from: polkablues on April 06, 2012, 05:12:35 PMThis raises a question, though.  We're not the Academy, why do we even give a fuck about original music or sourced music?  Maybe for the future, the category should just be "Best Music", as in the best use of music, be it score or soundtrack or whatever.

You're probably right, and honestly I've kinda been thinking the same thing.
Living life big time

72teeth

Drive got my vote here solely based on the score from that opening scene... i think that scene is what also swayed my vote for best cinematography as well...

did i even see the rest of that movie?



i did and it was that forgetable :c
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza