XIXAX Film Forum

Other actors/directors/etc. who mention PTA

edison · 433 · 114510

Tdog

• The Meeting with the Goddess
Reply #420 on: January 09, 2022, 07:27:56 AM
I can't believe this is the first time I've seen this clip.

Can't believe they never worked together again. Did PTA possibly write The Worm storyline for Cheadle and Cheadle was like "fuck no"!?!

jviness02

Reply #421 on: January 09, 2022, 11:39:24 AM
I can't believe this is the first time I've seen this clip.

Can't believe they never worked together again. Did PTA possibly write The Worm storyline for Cheadle and Cheadle was like "fuck no"!?!

That’s possible. Similar to how Cheadle’s role in Boogie Nights was written for SLJ and he didn’t like it. When Cheadle directed his Miles Davis biopic, he mentioned all the directors he took advice from and PTA was mentioned, so they definitely are still on good terms.

ono

• The Master of Two Worlds
Reply #422 on: January 09, 2022, 12:15:59 PM
My one regret is that we'll never get to hear SLJ say, "Makes you wanna freaky deaky."

Drill

Reply #423 on: January 09, 2022, 01:30:37 PM
This is nice. New quotes from Julianne Moore, Lesley Manville, Katherine Waterston, Martin Short, and Kevin J O'Connor about working with him.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/paul-thomas-anderson-julianne-moore-interview-b1988765.html

wilberfan

• PTA PhD
Reply #424 on: January 14, 2022, 02:46:08 PM
Kevin Smith recants?  Haven't listened yet, but I'm surprisingly eager to hear this--which is odd, considering I essentially gave up on Kevin several films ago.

Yes

• The Magic Flight
Reply #425 on: January 14, 2022, 04:34:07 PM
This was whatever. Kevin admits he was jealous and wrong about Magnolia. Praises Hoffman and Haim.

Discusses the BCoop Peters scene and its relationship to Kevin's infamous Peters story.

Major spoilers on ending

PaulElroy35

• The Vision Quest
Reply #426 on: January 14, 2022, 07:12:05 PM
Its cool Kevin can admit he was being a dick however christ does weed make him ramble this wasnt really a licorice pizza review haha

Yes

• The Magic Flight
Reply #427 on: January 16, 2022, 03:03:09 PM

pynchonikon

• The Ultimate Boon
Reply #428 on: January 16, 2022, 03:39:08 PM
Denzel is happening.

wilberfan

• PTA PhD
Reply #429 on: January 18, 2022, 12:10:44 AM
I haven't listened yet, but...

The “Long Shot Leaders” Podcast Lands Unforgettable Interview With Chris Peters – Son of Jon Peters and Leslie Ann Warren

Listeners will be treated to the eye-opening expose on Chris Peters and the downfalls of being born into the dark side of Hollywood, overcoming that, and drug addiction. Being the son of a heavyweight Hollywood player has its own problems.

Michael Stein is a longtime friend of Paul Thomas Anderson … and has a deep connection as he was the original lead in the “Dirk Diggler Story” and an appearance in “Boogie Nights”.

The crazy life of Chris Peters is the subject of this latest Podcast by Michael Stein of “Longshot Leaders Podcast”.

https://longshotleaders.com/podcasts/chris-peters/

wilberfan

• PTA PhD
Reply #430 on: January 18, 2022, 03:11:14 PM
Carol Burnett shares the secrets of her long-running TV series – Daily News

Burnett, who is 88, is acknowledged in the closing credits of the movie “Licorice Pizza,” which is currently in theaters. Set in Encino in the 1970s, the film was written and directed by Paul Thomas Anderson and features a short clip of Burnett on an analog TV.

“I’ve known Paulie since he was a kid because his father was our announcer at one point, Ernie Anderson,” she said. “So that’s how I know Paul. Ernie gave him an 8-millimeter camera for his birthday or Christmas or something or other, and he started doing home movies when he was just a child.”

Yes

• The Magic Flight
Reply #431 on: January 18, 2022, 03:28:03 PM
I didn't notice her in credits, everytime I've attempted to stay the theater ushers me out

wilberfan

• PTA PhD
Reply #432 on: January 18, 2022, 03:52:11 PM
I haven't listened yet, but...

The “Long Shot Leaders” Podcast Lands Unforgettable Interview With Chris Peters – Son of Jon Peters and Leslie Ann Warren

Listeners will be treated to the eye-opening expose on Chris Peters and the downfalls of being born into the dark side of Hollywood, overcoming that, and drug addiction. Being the son of a heavyweight Hollywood player has its own problems.

Michael Stein is a longtime friend of Paul Thomas Anderson … and has a deep connection as he was the original lead in the “Dirk Diggler Story” and an appearance in “Boogie Nights”.

The crazy life of Chris Peters is the subject of this latest Podcast by Michael Stein of “Longshot Leaders Podcast”.

https://longshotleaders.com/podcasts/chris-peters/

Trying to fall asleep to this last night gave me a definite sense of what it was like for Fiona that night with Quentie and Paulie... 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal