There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

polkablues

Revelation number 2 is that there is no Vincent Froio, and it's all just another layer of Daniel Day Lewis' Method.

Also, because history should fun as well as informative, here's my Kitler Wall of Fame.

Best Kitler:

Most Adorable Kitler:

Best "Kitler in the Bunker" Impression:

Kitler Most Likely To Be Mistaken For Chupacabra:
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

Quote from: sickfins on August 15, 2006, 06:17:21 PM
if you're wondering why ddl looks so...weird in those pictures, this might clear things up for you

And Mac didn't post it first  :shock:

Vincent Froio

Trotsky

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Find Your Magali

This is all very entertaining, but will someone please tell me WHERE THE FUCK RINGO IS?

Derek

So, is Vincent Froio part of the cast? Or is this a photo from a different movie set?
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

sickfins

vincent said he has a small role in the film but was honoured that everyone (sort of) thought he was ddl.

Derek

Looks like this will be the first PTA film where he hasn't cast actors he had previously worked with.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

JG

EDIT:  I'll leave the snide comments to P and Hedwig (mine was lacking in witticism anyway)

RegularKarate

Quote from: Derek on August 23, 2006, 10:26:12 AM
Looks like this will be the first PTA film where he hasn't cast actors he had previously worked with.

Well, Paul F Tompkins is in it... evidently, he's been making a joke about how he could ruin it by muttering anachronistic words under his breath while it was shooting.

modage

more from the NY Times article...

Mr. Anderson also cast local non-actors as principal characters. The primary relationship in "There Will Be Blood" is between Daniel Day-Lewis's character, Daniel Plainview, and his young son, H. W. After casting calls in both New York and Los Angeles, Ms. Sellar said, Mr. Anderson found the perfect H. W. in Dillon Freasier, a 10-year-old boy from Fort Davis, Tex. "Paul's always been very much into casting real people," Ms. Sellar said. "He really wanted a kid who'd grown up around ranches and horses rather than someone coming in and trying to fake that."

Mr. Anderson also cast locals as the wife and daughters of the farming family that intertwines with Mr. Day-Lewis's character throughout the film. Christine Olejniczak, 48, a visual artist who moved to Marfa six years ago, was cast as Mother Sunday, the wife and mother. When she first heard the films were coming to Marfa, Ms. Olejniczak said, "it didn't really register as a big deal to me."

"Just like, oh, there's going to be a lot of people in town this summer," she continued. "It's funny that it would not only affect my life, but affect it so enormously. It's like I ran away to the circus, but the circus came to town instead. They taught me a trapeze act, and just when I started to get good at it, they left."

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

Quote from: modage on August 26, 2006, 05:06:55 PM
"Paul's always been very much into casting real people," Ms. Sellar said.
he has? that's news to me. i guess if he means real humans as opposed to animatronic or CGI characters, sure. he's not Bresson or anything.

as long as the kid he chose isn't as "real" as dixon was.
under the paving stones.

modage

From here on out, I am only interested in what is real.  You're real. Your room is real. Your friends are real. Real, man, real. You know? Real. You're more important than all the silly machinery. Silly machinery. And you know it! In eleven years its going to be 1984, man. Think about that!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

all of you shouldn't even read this thread, just this message, cos it's important. this thread shouldn't exist.  i hope they don't even make a trailer of this. i also hope amazon stops selling the book oil. pta should film and edit this movie in a bunker on his own and kill the actors in post production.
context, context, context.