Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

squints

ok that song is pretty righteous.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pedro

tpfkabi

Quote from: Pedro the Alpaca on October 07, 2009, 06:48:34 PM
If only Flea had taste.

I only listened to Harrowdown - there he pretty much just played Thom's original bass line.
Is he changing stuff up on the others?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Neil

So far as i can tell;  all of the bass work on 'the eraser'  revolves around looping, and software oriented bass loops, or just regular INTENSE bass work from old ideas etc.  The fact that he can play some of this shit, blows my mind.  And i get the feeling, since he's slapping a few notes, and plucking some others that this is what makes his "lack of taste show" or the "idea sucks" whatever.  it doesn't sound like the record, however I believe that 'the eraser' may not have been centered around being a live project though.  I Don't know any of this for certain. But, like i said, the idea that they can pull this off, and present this in fucking break beat nasty live heavy vibe...I'm down.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

modage

Radiohead to record NEW ALBUM this winter
Source: AtEase
Posted on October 7th, 2009.

There's been a lot of speculation on Radiohead's next album. Would it ever be recorded? Or would be just get digital tracks, EP's or whatever made the press. Ed O'Brien confirmed that a new Radiohead album (yes, album) is in the making.

It was the interview in The Believer that kick-started a lot of rumours on Radiohead's future. Thom Yorke told the magazine: "None of us want to go into that creative hoo-ha of a long-play record again.(...) But we've all said that we can't possibly dive into that again. It'll kill us." The news hit the press worldwide.

Radiohead have spent this Summer in the studio, releasing tracks online like 'Harry Patch (In Memory Of)' and 'These Are My Twisted Words'. This sort of seemed like they were serious about not releasing albums in the future. But guitarist Ed O'Brien has confirmed that the band is in fact interested in recording more albums and the follow-up to 'In Rainbows' is actually in the making.

Ed O'Brien told NME that with sessions planned this winter the band would "definitely" be releasing a full album physically next year.
"We were misquoted," claimed O'Brien of Yorke's comments, loudly adding, "WE WILL BE MAKING AN ALBUM!" Although he said the band hadn't decided how it would be released, he said the album would come out on vinyl and CD whether it first arrived as a download or not.

"We love the artwork; that's really important, the physicality," he explanied. "And we all like vinyl. That's not going to go away. I still like CDs as well. I got the Speech Debelle CD the other day – I nearly downloaded it from iTunes but I thought, 'No. I want the physical thing.'"

O'Brien wouldn't be drawn on specific tracks, but suggested that recent free download 'There Are My Twisted Words' was not a marker for the album.

On releasing 'These Are My Twisted Words' online he said: "It's a kind of one-off. It could have been a darker side of 'In Rainbows' – it's got that autumnal vibe, we're leaving the summer and going into the darkness."

He added that with Radiohead set to reconvene in their Oxfordshire studio this winter, the season might similarly affect the new songs. "Typical Radiohead," he laughed. "We're going into the studio in winter. It's always miserable! Are we at the whim of the seasons? We are! When you're in a studio in the countryside, the music you make is definitely affected by what season it is."
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: bigideas on September 21, 2009, 04:19:37 PM
The Twilight: New Moon soundtrack is out October 20 on Chop Shop/Atlantic.

Twilight: New Moon Soundtrack:

01 Death Cab for Cutie: "Meet Me on the Equinox"
02 Band of Skulls: "Friends"
03 Thom Yorke: "Hearing Damage"
04 Lykke Li: "Possibility"
05 The Killers: "A White Demon Love Song"
06 Anya Marina: "Satellite Heart"
07 Muse: "I Belong to You (New Moon Remix)"
08 Bon Iver and St. Vincent: "Rosyln"
09 Black Rebel Motorcycle Club: "Done All Wrong"
10 Hurricane Bells: "Monsters"
11 Sea Wolf: "The Violet Hour"
12 OK Go: "Shooting the Moon"
13 Grizzly Bear: "Slow Life"
14 Editors: "No Sound But the Wind"
15 Alexandre Desplat: "New Moon (The Meadow)"

http://rapidshare.com/files/291580965/VA-The_Twilight_Saga_New_Moon-OST-2009.zip
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

B.C. Long

picolas

i really really like that track. easily the best thing to come out of all this nonsense.

Neil

I would watch the few seconds, or whatever where it's in the film.  I'd love to see how it's used.

Pozer

worst decision dude's made yet. he dont need money for bills and could certainly find more credible films to contribute his material to. take a note from Jonny, Yorke!

oh well, i hope the Twilight kids hate it. 

hedwig

who cares what he does?

try to imagine being thom yorke right now. he's probably laughing.

tpfkabi

Quote from: MacGuffin on October 11, 2009, 01:46:07 PM
Quote from: bigideas on September 21, 2009, 04:19:37 PM
The Twilight: New Moon soundtrack is out October 20 on Chop Shop/Atlantic.

Twilight: New Moon Soundtrack:

01 Death Cab for Cutie: "Meet Me on the Equinox"
02 Band of Skulls: "Friends"
03 Thom Yorke: "Hearing Damage"
04 Lykke Li: "Possibility"
05 The Killers: "A White Demon Love Song"
06 Anya Marina: "Satellite Heart"
07 Muse: "I Belong to You (New Moon Remix)"
08 Bon Iver and St. Vincent: "Rosyln"
09 Black Rebel Motorcycle Club: "Done All Wrong"
10 Hurricane Bells: "Monsters"
11 Sea Wolf: "The Violet Hour"
12 OK Go: "Shooting the Moon"
13 Grizzly Bear: "Slow Life"
14 Editors: "No Sound But the Wind"
15 Alexandre Desplat: "New Moon (The Meadow)"

http://rapidshare.com/files/291580965/VA-The_Twilight_Saga_New_Moon-OST-2009.zip

this is already dead.  =(
i was going to try and d/l it tonight.
i want it, but i really don't want to go to the cash register with any Twilight related merch.

i streamed this album on Myspace. i thought it was pretty good. i didn't listen through the last few tracks, but it's got a very specific tone. usually soundtracks to teeny bopper films are all over the place, but this one isn't. i think maybe the really different tracks ended up as iTunes bonuses.

i think people forget that Radiohead had tracks on the Clueless and Romeo & Juliet soundtracks. once they hit OKC era they stopped that - though during MPIE you see them attempting to record a song for The Avengers. i really wish they would have finished that one (known as Big Boots).
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

socketlevel

Quote from: hedwig on October 23, 2009, 03:27:00 PM
who cares what he does?

try to imagine being thom yorke right now. he's probably laughing.

not quite at this point: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgUWTquztGY&feature=related

but fucking close.
the one last hit that spent you...

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Neil

oh so fucking ridiculous, although i do love bill hicks. even though that clip has ZERO context with thom yorke.

this isn't john bonham for certs, or george michael for diet coke. this is a guy who does not need to prove himself, not to me anyways.  he's written more thought provoking music on his own than any of the remaining acts on that soundtrack put together.

Pozer - "i hope the Twilight kids hate it"... (sad pathetic face). yeah fuck those kids, fuck letting them hear the music you've known about since 93'.  How dare they.  I hope kids love it, every little hot topic twilight lover, and it makes your relationship with the band even less personal.  AND IT RUINS EVERYTHING, all those years of indie hard work.

Way to fucking ruin the idea of music.

if you're a musician, and the biggest selling soundtrack at the moment approaches you?  what kind of cock sucker doesn't do this? .  cling to that "integrity" it shall tuck you in nicely every night, and leave a self fulfilling taste in your soul.

Anybody smart, who see's the foundations of what the music industry was based on, will see, that shit is crumbling. AND anybody who wants to continue to make a career out of music, and not end up like Rivers Cuomo, will say yes to their song being on the twilight soundtrack.