marketing copies

Started by sphinx, February 28, 2003, 10:12:50 PM

picolas

hedwig

squints

no fuckin' way. that's hilarious. I love dacascos. I just watched Only The Strong!
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

pete

yeah I saw parts of it.  super awful.  aw mark dacascos. 
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Ravi

Chest Rockwell

That's so blatantly obvious. They could have at least flipped him onto his other side or something.

polkablues

That seems more like a legitimate homage, though, than a marketing copy in the sense we traditionally make fun of.
My house, my rules, my coffee

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

pete

Quote from: wikipediaFilm poster

Critics and film buffs were quick to notice that the poster, designed by Art Sims, was extremely similar to Saul Bass' art for Otto Preminger's 1959 film Anatomy of a Murder. Sims claimed that it was a homage, but Bass nonetheless regarded that as a rip-off.

a slightly different poster art:
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Ravi

Redlum

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

polkablues

Quote from: Redlum on March 09, 2008, 08:42:24 AM
UK QUAD

That is an epically terrible poster.  From the awkward, impossible angle of their arms, to Jeffrey Dean Morgan's eyes having been shifted over in Photoshop, to the picture of Colin Firth that seems to have been taken on a different planet than the other two photos... this poster fails on levels you rarely see outside of straight-to-video box covers growing mold in the bargain bin at Blockbuster.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Redlum

Quote from: polkablues on March 09, 2008, 04:37:28 PM
That is an epically terrible poster.  From the awkward, impossible angle of their arms, to Jeffrey Dean Morgan's eyes having been shifted over in Photoshop, to the picture of Colin Firth that seems to have been taken on a different planet than the other two photos... this poster fails on levels you rarely see outside of straight-to-video box covers growing mold in the bargain bin at Blockbuster.

Also, the Colin Firth image is of noticeably, far lower resolution than the rest of the image, when viewed at poster size. I didn't actually spot this but heard someone mocking it on the radio and had to see for myself.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Ravi

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks