I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

Stefen

I remember there was this family who had the biggest VHS collection I've ever seen. Think Macs DVD collection, but in tapes.

They moved away before the whole DVD thing hit, but I always think about how awful they must have felt when their shit became obscolete.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

picolas

the major diff is that hd dvd and blu ray players are backwards compatible.

Ghostboy

Mac, let me know how that Dracula disc is (aside from that godawful cover art - seriously, they have a whole movie of absolutely amazing imagery to draw from, and that's the best they can do for a special edition cover?).

MacGuffin

Quote from: Ghostboy on October 03, 2007, 06:48:09 PM
Mac, let me know how that Dracula disc is (aside from that godawful cover art - seriously, they have a whole movie of absolutely amazing imagery to draw from, and that's the best they can do for a special edition cover?).

It's really worth the buy ($20). It has completely different material than the Criterion laserdisc, including a new commentary track by Coppola. The Behind The Scenes featurettes (over an hour's worth) are similar to the Apocalypse Now ones, in that they are a mixure of footage and interviews from that time and new interviews. The cool clips are Coppola working with the actors in rehearsals and on set (pissing off Oldman in the process), making a "pre-vis" version of the film using the storyboards, sound effects and actors voice-overs (I wish they had included the entire version), and Roman explaining the visual effects.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

edison

Quote from: MacGuffin on October 03, 2007, 06:56:10 PM
Quote from: Ghostboy on October 03, 2007, 06:48:09 PM

It's really worth the buy ($20).

An even better price is at Wal-mart. 13 bucks!! Supposed to be in a special halloween display.

Ravi

$7 each at a Hollywood Video near me that is closing.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: mogwai on October 03, 2007, 06:25:27 AM

i don't want to show off but i didn't realize this was released this early in october. i thought it coincided with the uk release at the end of october. it's kind of a "surprise" release like new radiohead album was.
I thought this wasn't going to be released in the US till december...

Here are mine for the past couple of days

The Heartbreak Kid (1972)-ordered off of ebay...
The Beatles Anthology
The War (with kevin costner and Elijah wood)
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

mogwai

Quote from: SiliasRuby on October 07, 2007, 12:13:45 AMI thought this wasn't going to be released in the US till december...

it's still going to be released in the us in december. i was first going to buy the region 1 because of the plastic thing which you pull off, you know? :oops:

aaanyway, i couldn't resist buying the region 2 though. and there's plenty of good extra material, audio commentaries etc. outtakes of sawyer smearing bananas on hurley's naked "torso".

MacGuffin

Paid (and how) a visit to my fav used DVD store:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm

I hope you'll have something left for when you retire, because DVDs are not really a great financial investment.

Stefen

If Mac's house is on fire, I wonder what he saves. Does he have any pets?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Stefen

What does it post under?

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

w/o horse

Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.