NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

Pas

Big fan on the originals, I've played Fallout 2 a couple times but Fallout 1 stands out as the best of the best because you were se free to proceed as you wished.

Anyway all I mean is don't dismiss Fallout 3 so quickly ... it's a great game. Wether it's worthy or not of the Fallout name is another debate but still a great game in it's own right.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: Pas Rap on November 06, 2008, 05:21:54 PM
Big fan on the originals, I've played Fallout 2 a couple times but Fallout 1 stands out as the best of the best because you were se free to proceed as you wished.

Anyway all I mean is don't dismiss Fallout 3 so quickly ... it's a great game. Wether it's worthy or not of the Fallout name is another debate but still a great game in it's own right.
Oh I haven't dismissed it entirely, but I feel like I have to stay distanced from it or else I'd be tempted to buy a 360.

In any case, if you liked the first two Fallouts you should look into the other Black Isle games and Troika's (which was founded by the creators of Fallout) games, if you haven't already. Both companies are out of business now, but Planescape Torment, Arcanum, and Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines are all classics in my opinion. They all had pretty unbalanced combat systems, unfortunately, but it's pretty easy to get over that.

Kal

Can any of you nerds help me out...

ROCK BAND OR GUITAR HERO????

RegularKarate

Quote from: kal on November 07, 2008, 10:43:45 AM

I think I'm going Guitar Hero because I already have a Guitar Hero guitar so I'll have two if I get World Tour.  The guitars for GH won't work with RB.

Also, I have the Wii and they've supposedly fixed the DL content issue for Guitar Hero and I don't know that they did for Rock Band.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: kal on November 07, 2008, 10:43:45 AM

I would say Guitar Hero unless you have a group of friends that would also like to join in, or expect to host parties for which Rock Band would work well, or really want the drums. I think the guitaring is a lot more fun in GH, so if that's mostly what you care about, go for the cheaper option.

Kal

Thanks... I only played Rock Band so I'm not sure about GH... but I have to test it before deciding. GH has drums now, so that is definitely a factor cause I want to play both Guitar and Drums.

Reinhold

i can get a new 80gb ps3 from Sony for $265 after tax. should i go for it?

decided to do it.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Stefen

What games did you pickup, Reinhold? PS3 has some great exclusives. Especially Little Big Planet.

I'm playing Fallout 3 now. It's epic. I love it.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Reinhold

well it turns out that I couldn't get the discount i hoped to get (my girlfriend's employee discount from sony pictures classics), but I did buy the system.

I picked up the lego star wars game because my roommate who is a huge star wars fan chipped in $15 of the $18 that it cost on Deep Discount DVD, where I was already purchasing Planet Earth BR. I figured it was a game that i wouldn't really be attracted to play but would be fun for a few minutes here and there.

I was going to stop there because originally I entertained the idea of not buying any games until I was done editing my reel and well on my way to being done with my senior year's coursework, but i impulsively bought MGS 4 this afternoon on eBay after landing one of the internships I wanted.

the only games i really want are GTA and Resident Evil 5. I won't buy GTA until i'm out of college and Resident Evil doesn't come out until late march.
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: reinhold on November 21, 2008, 11:13:18 PM
where I was already purchasing Planet Earth BR.

You won't need any games until March, anyway.

Further incentive for me to get the hell out to New York.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Reinhold

i bought Burnout Paradise and another Dual Shock 3 today on Amazon. they should arrive friday.

Reinhold

impressions after my first day of having a ps3:

i thought i'd be able to play burnout paradise split-screen, not just single player or online. the fact that i can't and that I bought a second controller sucks a lot. the game looks good otherwise, though.

metal gear is fucking great, even on my small TV. i'm still getting used to the controls a little bit, but the game is beautiful and also fun for me despite my complete lack of action game skills (on Naked Normal).

the lego thing seems as mediocre as i thought it would be. that's good i guess.

planet earth is spectacular as expected, and my roommate just picked up Wall E on blu-ray. can't wait to check these out on an HD screen.

Stefen

Fallout 3 is pretty much the greatest game I have ever played in my life. I'm 30 hours in, just got to the Underworld and it feels like I haven't even scratched the surface.

The leveling is absolutely amazing and unlike anything I've ever done. I made some mistakes early on and was going for across the board type leveling when I should have just been focusing on a few key skills. I picked some dumb perks that I wish I hadn't, but now I'm on the right track.

It's the greatest game of all-time.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cinemanarchist

Quote from: Stefen on December 08, 2008, 10:14:36 AM
Fallout 3 is pretty much the greatest game I have ever played in my life. I'm 30 hours in, just got to the Underworld and it feels like I haven't even scratched the surface.

The leveling is absolutely amazing and unlike anything I've ever done. I made some mistakes early on and was going for across the board type leveling when I should have just been focusing on a few key skills. I picked some dumb perks that I wish I hadn't, but now I'm on the right track.

It's the greatest game of all-time.

I've been tempted to get this game for a while now but I haven't played any of the other Fallout's and truth be told I tend to get bored with RPGs after a few hours. Is there any chance I'll dig this game?
My assholeness knows no bounds.