There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

JG

noyes

Quote from: JG on December 30, 2007, 05:46:58 PM
loved it a lot.  what, no one saw this last night?

how much better is it the second time JG?
south america's my name.

JG

so much better!

i'm going to download it now, which is something i've never done with any movie ever.

edit: has anybody tried to download the whole thing yet?

MacGuffin

QuoteOpening with huge numbers in limited release was Paramount Vantage's "There Will Be Blood," starring Daniel Day-Lewis in a tale of greed and violence during California's oil boom in the early 20th century. Playing at just two theaters in New York City and Los Angeles, "There Will Be Blood" took in $185,525 over the weekend and $309,703 since opening Wednesday. It expands to the top 10 markets Friday.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

There is no download for it. There was a dvd screener released a couple days ago but the uploader stopped seeding when it was at like 12% so everyone is stuck with only 12% until the original uploader comes back. It sucks becuase it was PERFECT quality from the small bit available. DVD.

It's 3 files. DO NOT download any of the other ones floating around since it's just a .rar and when you try to unzip it it tells you you need to install some weird program which is a big no no and is obviously a virus.

There might be a cam out there but that's not even worth it. Who wants to watch Robert Elswits beautidul cinematography on a cam?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pozer

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet on December 29, 2007, 03:15:58 PM
Day Lewis has a good chance for best actor, but I'm not sure what else the film has going for it.

there's actually NO DOUBT in my mind now that he'll win.

Stefen

For those who've seen it, do you think Elswit has a shot at best DP?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cine

Quote from: Stefen on December 31, 2007, 11:43:31 AM
For those who've seen it, do you think Elswit has a shot at best DP?

for a nod, yes but he'll be competing against deakins, who'll probably get two nods at this rate... maybe that'll help give elswit his first oscar.  :shock:

Ghostboy

Quote from: Sal on December 28, 2007, 09:54:25 PM
Quote from: Stefen on December 28, 2007, 07:58:49 PM
I'll check it out eventually. Stephanie Zacharek from Salon BLASTED it which doesn't bode well since her opinions usually mirror mine. Hmm. We'll see.

She's not off target..

She's not at all. I really loved the movie, and disagree with her about some things, but this is nonetheless a really strong and measured critique of the picture.

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

cine

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

modage

One of the most towering achievements in cinema this year, Paul Thomas Anderson's There Will Be Blood, finally opened in New York and Los Angeles on Christmas Day and was rewarded with a per-screen average of $91,300 over the weekend, the best average of the year, according to Pamela McClintock of Variety. Of course, the film only played at two theaters, but still, that's mighty impressive. Nineteen cities across the country also hosted a midnight screening on Saturday; no word yet on how those screenings were received.

also:

GUILD MEMBERS!
YOU ARE INVITED TO ATTEND SCREENINGS OF THERE WILL BE BLOOD
FOLLOWED BY A CONVERSATION WITH PAUL THOMAS ANDERSON

NEW YORK - JANUARY 3 2008, 7PM
DGA THEATRE, 110 WEST 57TH ST.,
RSVP TO (212) 654-1001
*MODERATED BY MARTIN SCORSESE  :shock:
http://www.vantageguilds.com/twbb/index.html
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.