Kinsey

Started by kotte, July 23, 2004, 03:57:45 PM

pete

I'm not saying it's taboo.  I'm saying there are people watching it because it's taboo.  I didn't find it that interesting and the movie seemed to be trying to hard to create some kinda satisfying narrative arc outta a tragic story (victim of the red scare, botched research...etc.).
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Thrindle

Quote from: petethe movie seemed to be trying to hard to create some kinda satisfying narrative arc outta a tragic story (victim of the red scare, botched research...etc.).
No it didn't.  There were parts of the movie that were so open, that even I was uncomfortable.  I think the movie was making a comment of our discomfort with sexuality in general.  It is that discomfort that makes the movie taboo... even if the subject matter isn't that taboo in the first place.

To put it simply, the movie was like a mirror.  It showed us how far we've come, and how far we've yet to come.  It made sexuality, in itself, fearless.  I think that's the point I've been trying to make.
Classic.

MacGuffin

20th Century Fox has officially announced the DVD release of Kinsey for 5/17 (SRP $27.98 ). The DVD will include both anamorphic widescreen and full frame video on opposite sides of the same disc. Extras will include audio commentary with writer/director Bill Condon, a Searchlight "Sizzle" trailer, an Inside Look preview and the teaser trailer for Kingdom of Heaven.  A Kinsey: Special Edition will also be available on 5/17 (SRP $34.98 ) that will include the disc we've just described, along with a second disc including The Kinsey Report: Sex on Film featurette, 20 deleted scenes and an alternate ending (with optional commentary by Bill Condon), a gag reel, the Sex Ed at the Kinsey Institute featurette, an "interactive sex questionnaire, the film's theatrical trailer and a trailer for What the Bleep?.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Quote from: RegularKarateGood Movie, good performances... never becomes anything better than a biopic, but it's still worth seeing.
saw this tonight.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.