Top 10 UNDERRATED movies EVER!

Started by GodDamnImDaMan, September 03, 2003, 02:56:39 AM

mutinyco

Dude, get a life. You have nothing to say.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Cecil

no, gt is right. its okay for you to like ai, but dont try to force feed us these speculations of what kubrick intended and this bogus interpretation of the ending. its like youre rationalizing

Banky

Quote from: mutinycoDude, get a life. You have nothing to say.

mutinyco, you are pretty damn passionate about these two films

NEON MERCURY

..Jesus Son.....

that film needs a proper s.e. on dvd

MrBurgerKing

Stranger Than Paradise.. There's an underrated flick. I guess it's respected here, but I'd say its one of the very best of the 1980's.

Banky

Quote from: BankyCruel Intentions.  

I thought this movie was great and wasnt apprecited b/c everyone considered it a teen movie.

any comments or am i alone on this one ?

Alethia

Quote from: MrBurgerKingStranger Than Paradise.. There's an underrated flick. I guess it's respected here, but I'd say its one of the very best of the 1980's.

I agree 100%.  it's a terrific film.

mutinyco

I'm not force feeding anything. There's nothing to interpret about the ending. I'm right.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: mutinycoI'm not force feeding anything. There's nothing to interpret about the ending. I'm right.

the artist's position.......not.

~rougerum

mutinyco

Actually, I prefer doggy-style...

-St. Joe

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Banky

I thought this movie was great and wasnt apprecited b/c everyone considered it a teen movie.

for me, yea, you are. The language and respect for the characters who are teenagers is definitely unlike other teen movies. The extension of the original novel to a story about teenagers seems unbelievable though, even if they are rich. The crimes suggest a situation with more maturity. Its nice to see a movie with teenagers who are smart, but this feels way too far fetched and a dragging process of getting teen roles to fit the characters and language in the novel. Another world. I think a good story was sought and they just assigned the novel to a genre film because it equated to all the essentials in the genre film when mixed properly.

~rougerum

cine

Maybe you're alone on this one. I did like a lot about it but I still valued it as a teen movie. I think the dialogue and how it was treated by the actors contributed to that the most for me. Yet they're all talented actors, but it was made in 1997 and they're a bit more seasoned now. I dunno... Don't get me wrong, I really liked it at the time but I don't have the same respect for it now.

Quote from: mutinycoDude, get a life. You have nothing to say.
There's nothing to interpret about the ending. I'm right.

Buddy. Do us all a favour and cream your pants.

mutinyco

I already creamed. What do you think happened to that old broad's face?

-St. Joe

Banky

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet

for me, yea, you are. The language and respect for the characters who are teenagers is definitely unlike other teen movies. The extension of the original story to a story about teenagers seems unbelievable though, even if they are rich. The crimes suggest a situation with more maturity. Its nice to see a movie with teenagers who are smart, but this feels way too far fetched and a dragging process of getting teen roles to fit the characters and language in the story. Another world. I think a good story was sought and they just assigned the novel to a genre film because it equated to all the essentials in the genre film when mixed properly.

~rougerum

thank you .  That was a good fucking reply.  I hate when i post shit and no one answers.

I see what you mean though.  I dont know, i guess to me, when all the teen movies got hot around this time, i was suprised to see a movie with this dark of a plot.  I thought it was strange to see all the popular teen actors in a movie, that to me, wasnt a teen film.  This film was chalk full of them.  It was like the cast from Dawsons Creek and I know what you did last summer put together.

Gold Trumpet

haha. cool. you're welcome.

~rougerum