Feedback on a shortfilm idea

Started by kotte, September 04, 2003, 11:09:48 AM

kotte

Dolph, a deeply religious man tries to convince his atheist friend Oscar that God exists.

Dolph asks his doctor-friend to fake a cancer-diagnose which to give Oscar. All this to make Oscar believe in God when the cancer simply 'disappears'

ono

Ideas are one thing.  Writing and execution are two totally different beasts.  This sounds promising as long as it's subtle and you throw some meat on those bones there.  Good luck, whatever you do.  And remember, "shades of gray."  I hate flat, two-dimensional characters that are painted as one way or the other, don't you?  ;)

kotte

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaAnd remember, "shades of gray."  I hate flat, two-dimensional characters that are painted as one way or the other, don't you?  ;)

Oh, of course. This is just the basic premise.

metroshane

What happens when Oscar beats the HOLY shit out of Dolph?
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

kotte

Quote from: metroshaneWhat happens when Oscar beats the HOLY shit out of Dolph?

I'm not really sure how it's gonna end. That's the basic premise.
I'm working on the characters right now...so I'll see where they take it.

Jeremy Blackman

It would be great to have this plan completely fail and make Oscar an even stronger atheist.

Gamblour.

Or you could give it a twist of needless irony and have Dolph get cancer and he could become an aetheist, or Oscar then believes in god, it all depends on what your point is. You should probably find a non-preachy neutral zone that leaves room for the viewer to make a choice (this might seem obvious though).
WWPTAD?