Young Adam

Started by MacGuffin, March 20, 2004, 10:46:34 AM

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: GhostboyI remember one movie in particular that had to be edited because of the number of head bobs...the director complained about how there was a certain number of bobs he wasn't allowed to go over if he wanted an R rating...but I forget what film it was.

And then on Summer Of Sam, Spike had to do an optical zoom to mask John Leguizamo's thrusting buttocks.
That's kinda lame. Sure is a step from back when Hitchcock wasn't allowed to leave Ingrid Bergman and Cary Grant kiss for more than 3 seconds in Notorious.

MacGuffin

Mackenzie set to helm 'Nico' biopic
Source: Hollywood Reporter

David Mackenzie, who made waves for helming the controversial NC-17-rated "Young Adam," starring Ewan McGregor and Tilda Swinton, will next direct "Nico" for Vagabond Films, the company said Wednesday. Based on the book "Nico: The End" by James Young, the biopic will center on the life of Nico, a model-singer-actress who was part of the Andy Warhol scene in the 1960s. She appeared in Federico Fellini's 1960 film "La Dolce Vita" and was chosen by Warhol to sing with the Velvet Underground. Heroin addiction took over her life, however, and she died in 1988 in a bicycle accident in Ibiza, Spain.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Finn

I bought the dvd the first day it came out. I watched it that night. I thought it was really terrific. Ewan McGregor is great at playing a role like this. It's really a character study and some of the lenghts the Joe character goes to is more shocking than any of the sex scenes. It's probably one of the best films of the year so far.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."