How Paul Thomas Anderson made the movie "Magnolia"

Started by ShanghaiOrange, May 24, 2003, 05:23:43 PM

ShanghaiOrange

Listen:

One day, God took a dump.
Elsewhere, Paul Thomas Anderson was strolling through the park, as is his wont. He came across the pile of God poop and wiped it on 3 hours worth of film stock he just happened to be carrying. Then he added some voice-overs by Ricky Jay.

I mean that in a good way. :(

I just saw this movie for the first time.
It was a good movie. :(
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Xixax

This reminds me of a question I posed on the old C&C boards.

If God in his infinite perfection farted, would it smell perfectly beautiful like fruit and flowers, or perfectly sickening, like rotting flesh?
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Dirk

At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

godardian

I think maybe ShanghaiOrange and Xixax are none other than...

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

MrBurgerKing

Who's the guy in the middle then, Jon Mulvaney?

godardian

Quote from: MrBurgerKingWho's the guy in the middle then, Jon Mulvaney?

Most likely.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Xixax

Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: XixaxNobody can ever answer my question.

i happen to be friends with jesus......... lemmie see what i can find out

Victor

Sir Xixax, I shall answer your question by posing another, as was once posed by the great philosopher, Homer J:

"Could Jesus microwave a burrito so hot, that he himself could not eat it?"
are you gonna eat with us too?

Pas

Quote from: Xixax
If God in his infinite perfection farted, would it smell perfectly beautiful like fruit and flowers, or perfectly sickening, like rotting flesh?

He would make it smell the exact same way your own fart smells, to make you feel at ease. (I'm ripping off one of my Philosophy teacher right now, though the difference is he was serious)

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Cecil

Quote from: XixaxIf God in his infinite perfection farted, would it smell perfectly beautiful like fruit and flowers, or perfectly sickening, like rotting flesh?

you tell me. the last time he farted he called it "the human race."

fulty

Da Ali G says it's not very polite to talk about those stinky hole poofs.
Tinapop  

I used to be smart.... now I'm just stupid.

Mesh

Quote from: Xixax

The perfect fart would be smellable only by the farter, and, to that farter, it would smell divine.