I'm Not Scared

Started by pete, May 24, 2004, 08:33:59 PM

pete

I just saw this, best film of the year so far.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

coffeebeetle

Tell us more, man, tell us more!!!
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

context, context, context.

Pedro

that's such an awful trailer.

pete

dude what's your problem?
- Buster Keaton

brockly

Quote from: Pedrothat's such an awful trailer.

.... by what means?

Pedro

Quote from: Brock Landers

.... by what means?
Voice. Over.  
" But beneath these windswept fields lies a secret..............that will shock you"

jesus christ, did you listen to that shit?  it's awful.  "now, he must summon all his courage, defy his family's warnings, and risk everything to expose the truth"

Sleuth

Quote from: Pedro

.... by what means?
Voice. Over.  
" But beneath these windswept fields lies a secret..............that will shock you"

jesus christ, did you listen to that shit?  it's awful.  "now, he must summon all his courage, defy his family's warnings, and risk everything to expose the truth"

He's right, it's trying to sell a seemingly great movie with hilarious cliches.  I doubt he means to disrespect the actual FILM though, just the COMMERCIAL
I like to hug dogs

Pedro

Quote from: Sleuth
Quote from: Pedro

.... by what means?
Voice. Over.  

He's right, it's trying to sell a seemingly great movie with hilarious cliches.  I doubt he means to disrespect the actual FILM though, just the COMMERCIAL
yeah, keyword commercial.  a truly great trailer is something that can work as art even when detached from the promotion.

coffeebeetle

Eh, whatever.  I didn't really see anything wrong with it...I mean, I thought the photography was beautiful to say the least.  I'm very intrigued.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

Ghostboy

It really is a great movie. Here's my review.

pete

can we agree that it pays a tribute to the enigma of kaspar hauser when it shows a field of wheats flowing and a variation of pachebelle canon in the background?
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Stefen

I watched this last night. It was really good.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.