Mean Girls

Started by ono, April 03, 2004, 11:10:04 PM

Gloria

I really enjoyed this movie.  It was a bit overlong and cliche at points, but overall an above average teen flick.  Lindsey Lohan was great in this role, but I also have to mention Lacey Chabert (who I thought embodied the character very well) and Tim Meadows (hilarious...perfect comedic timing).  What I really liked about this movie was *SPOILERS* how Cady started to become like one of the 'plastics'.  It really showed how vulnerable high schoolers are to peer influences.  I liked how Cady was flawed and not completely self-righteous and all-knowing from the get go.  Funny lines and some really funny comparisons between the animal world and the high school world were entertaining and lightened the mood at points.  I agree with MacGuffin...the best line was "We only carry sizes 1, 3, and, 5. You could try Sears."  Really funny. These kind of biting lines kept me entertained.

Chest Rockwell

Lohan Blasts Boob Job Reports

Freaky Friday and Mean Girls star Lindsay Lohan has branded Hollywood's new fixations with her breasts "perverted" after rumors emerged she had undergone cosmetic surgery. The redhead actress has been sporting a fuller cleavage of late, prompting speculation over whether she's gone under the knife and had a breast enhancement operation. But as the rumors circulate at a rapid pace, Lohan, who insists her curves are completely natural, wants to remind everybody of one important factor - she's just 17. She says, "Recently, I heard that I've gotten a boob job. I'm 17! It's kind of perverted, but if they're gonna write about anything to bring attention to my chest, why not!"

Banky

Quote from: Chest RockwellLohan Blasts Boob Job Reports

Freaky Friday and Mean Girls star Lindsay Lohan has branded Hollywood's new fixations with her breasts "perverted" after rumors emerged she had undergone cosmetic surgery. The redhead actress has been sporting a fuller cleavage of late, prompting speculation over whether she's gone under the knife and had a breast enhancement operation. But as the rumors circulate at a rapid pace, Lohan, who insists her curves are completely natural, wants to remind everybody of one important factor - she's just 17. She says, "Recently, I heard that I've gotten a boob job. I'm 17! It's kind of perverted, but if they're gonna write about anything to bring attention to my chest, why not!"

http://www.gallery.lohanonline.com/magazines/vanityfair/2004_june_3.jpg

Pubrick

Quote from: Bankyhttp://www.gallery.lohanonline.com/magazines/vanityfair/2004_june_3.jpg
well, considering how she seems to be having a reverse-michael-jackson thing going with her skin, i wouldn't be surprised if they were fake.

in the history of incredible blossomings, she's up there.
under the paving stones.

Chest Rockwell

I'm sure they're not fake. That's that.

Either way, after Mean Girls I'm starting to warm up to her a bit.

Quote from: Chest RockwellI'm sure they're not fake. That's that.

I'm sure she'll have an unsanitary encounter with a 30+ hunk soon.  :)
context, context, context.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: cronopio
Quote from: Chest RockwellI'm sure they're not fake. That's that.

I'm sure she'll have an unsanitary encounter with a 30+ hunk soon.  :)
If that were to happen I'm sure he'd be arrested.

Stefen

Yeah, it'd be worth it.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Ravi

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Saw this yesterday.  It was pretty smart about the little cliques that exist in most high schools, though I thought it was strange that there were only 3 people at the Plastics' table.  If they were so popular shouldn't there be a lot of hangers on and guys there also?  Also, where were the jocks?

Though Cady knew the Plastics were shallow and vain, when she started getting more acceptance in the group she couldn't help but to be sucked into it.  The all out battle in the school when the Burn Book pages were posted everywhere was hilarious.  Something massive like that was necessary to cleanse that school of all the pettiness.  That part is a fantasy, of course, but it was nice to see it.  It was funny that Cady's dad didn't know that she wasn't allowed to go out when he grounded her.

"Let's hear you make some noise!"
<kids cheering>
"Okay, settle down now."

Ravi, the Bad Ass MC

MacGuffin

NL 'Wrongs' adds Waters as director

Director Mark Waters has signed up for "Henry's List of Wrongs" from New Line Cinema, while Harley Peyton has been tapped to rewrite it. "Wrongs" tells the tale of a shy boy who gets dumped at the prom, with the incident shaping his life as he grows up to be a ruthless corporate magnate. Years later, when he discovers the girl who dumped him was terminally ill and wanted to spare his feelings, he sets out to rectify his own malicious behavior toward others. John Scott Shepherd wrote the initial draft, based on his book. Scott Alexander, Larry Karaszewski and David O. Russell also worked on the screenplay. Producing are Warren Zide, Craig Perry, Ken Atchity and Chi-Li Wong. Richard Brener and Michele Weiss are overseeing for New Line. Waters, who directed the hits "Freaky Friday" and "Mean Girls," has numerous projects in the works. He's prepping "If Only It Were True" at DreamWorks, with Reese Witherspoon and Mark Ruffalo attached to star, and is developing "The Spiderwick Chronicles" at Nickelodeon Movies and "The Ghosts of Girlfriends Past" at the Walt Disney Co. Peyton wrote the Barry Levinson-directed "Bandits" and was a writer-producer on TV's "Twin Peaks."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

http://www.gallery.lohanonline.com/magazines/vanityfair/2004_june_3.jpg

BREAKER BREAKER!! Someone find me a working picture of the one above posted by Banky earlier. I really....need it. OVER.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cine

Quote from: Stefenhttp://www.gallery.lohanonline.com/magazines/vanityfair/2004_june_3.jpg

BREAKER BREAKER!! Someone find me a working picture of the one above posted by Banky earlier. I really....need it. OVER.

Who's your daddy, Stefen?

http://www.jonmega.com/gallery/Lindsay-Lohan

ono

Quote from: Chest RockwellLohan Blasts Boob Job Reports
Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: Bankyhttp://www.gallery.lohanonline.com/magazines/vanityfair/2004_june_3.jpg
well, considering how she seems to be having a reverse-michael-jackson thing going with her skin, i wouldn't be surprised if they were fake.

in the history of incredible blossomings, she's up there.
I got this link from here.

I don't care either way, but it's kinda pathetic (though not entirely surprising) if the pic is legit.

Stefen

okay im done with the pic, do what you want with it. Fake or not, it's a beautiful thing. She was hotter and more sexy before she was famous though.

Pubrick

welcome to 7 months ago, stay a while..
under the paving stones.