Untitled Paul Thomas Anderson (10th feature, TBA)

Started by Montclair, September 21, 2021, 09:35:17 PM

Find Your Magali

While we're tossing rumors, here's a less wild one....

Vineland Updates
@VinelandPTA
23/6/24 RUMOR: A source alleges that Paul Thomas Anderson has acquired the distribution rights to Thomas Pynchon's Vineland. BC Project is alleged to contain elements of the novel, but is not a 1:1 adaptation.

Scrooby

Sean Penn mentions Hollywood's Timid and Artless Policy Toward the Human Imagination, as quoted in today's Variety.

"That's a bold statement"—setting the scene for August 2025.

Scrooby

Sidonia the Sorceress
William Morris at Kelmscott Press

Scrooby

Sally Potters    . . .     production coordinator : Desert Unit

Greed (1924)
based on a novel by Frank Norris, a close contemporary of Upton Sinclair.

Find Your Magali

Very interesting. She was also involved with Licorice Pizza and Inherent Vice but also, interestingly, has a lot of experience with effects-heavy movies.

Supervising art director Andrew Max Cahn has also worked on a number of big effects/big CGI films.

Scrooby

Fante Zamora    ...    Set Dresser : San Juan Bautista

Heavy Vertigo vibes.

The Plaza Hotel is located on the site of the original barracks for the soldiers of the Mission San Juan Bautista, which was founded in 1797 as California's fifteenth mission.

Achpi

no longer untitled, it seems ?

"The Battle of Baktan Cross"

RudyBlatnoyd

Quote from: Achpi on August 02, 2024, 01:16:31 PMno longer untitled, it seems ?

"The Battle of Baktan Cross"

I'd be amazed if that ends up being the real title.

PaulElroy35

Has there been anymore talk of anymore potential cast members added?

ono

That title sounds so ordinary.  Blech.

If it were just Baktan Cross I'd like it more.  Or Batman Cross, as autocorrect seems to think I mean.

RudyBlatnoyd

I wonder if we'll see any kind of teaser trailer before the end of the year. Recently it seems like the studios are waiting until closer to the release date to commence the marketing push eg Furiosa, Gladiator II

PaulElroy35

Quote from: RudyBlatnoyd on August 05, 2024, 11:38:47 AMI wonder if we'll see any kind of teaser trailer before the end of the year. Recently it seems like the studios are waiting until closer to the release date to commence the marketing push eg Furiosa, Gladiator II

I would put money on not seeing any sort of footage until May next year. May 20th is my guess mark my words.

Scrooby

"What the California desert was like back in the day!"

1930s - 1940s

"From what I've read, the Devil's Cactus Garden is pretty barren now. People have dug up a lot of the cactus to put in their gardens, or landscapers will sell cactus to customers. I read in AZ, the authorities have put microchips in the cactus to catch the cactus thieves."

https://cinematography.com/index.php?/forums/topic/102207-what-the-california-desert-was-like-back-in-the-day/

Find Your Magali

There are much more important questions, but is it:

The Battle of Baktan Cross

or

The Battle of Baktin Cross

I want to make sure I get my iron-on decals for those Jersey boardwalk souvenir T-shirt stands right.

wilberfan

During the early BTS we were getting in Northern California, the police cars had emblems that said, "CITY OF BAKTAN CROSS POLICE DEPARTMENT".