masturbation in several films of 2002

Started by tpfkabi, February 06, 2003, 11:40:56 PM

tpfkabi

what's the deal with masturbation being in films this year. ones that i can think of:
the good girl
rules of attraction
adaptation
punch-drunk love

i don't see where any of the instances progressed the story in any way.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Ghostboy

On the female side:

Sex & Lucia
Secretary (James Spader did the deed as well as Maggie Gyllenhall, but hers was more memorable)

I think the masturbation was good character development in Adaptation. It was definitely a plot point in Secretary. The brief shot in PDL was kinda sad. The other movies just used it to get laughs.

Victor

bigideas, with a signature like yours, its just so funny to read a post on masturbation.

havent seen rules of attraction yet, but the scenes in the other three were pitch-perfect, and pertinent to the story and characters.
are you gonna eat with us too?

tpfkabi

Quote from: Lesterbigideas, with a signature like yours, its just so funny to read a post on masturbation.quote]

whatever do you mean...5 degrees of seperation
a line from home alone
macaulay culkin starred in it
he was a friend of michael jackson
um ok, 3 degrees

i don't know. i just saw adaptation yesterday and i just see no need for it.
which one is maggie galdakfjlak? is she the red headed waitress in Adaptation?

Victor

Quote from: bigideas
Quote from: Lesterbigideas, with a signature like yours, its just so funny to read a post on masturbation.quote]

whatever do you mean...5 degrees of seperation
a line from home alone
macaulay culkin starred in it
he was a friend of michael jackson
um ok, 3 degrees

i don't know. i just saw adaptation yesterday and i just see no need for it.
which one is maggie galdakfjlak? is she the red headed waitress in Adaptation?

maggie's donald's girlfriend "isnt she hot bro?"

"Look what you did you little JERK"
are you gonna eat with us too?

Cecil

donalds girlfriend.

and i think those masturbation scenes were necessary, even if they were just for laughs. lets stop being ashamed of jerking off!

Cecil

Xixax

I have a thing for Maggie Gyllenhaal lately. She's just so... Semi-Hot. Not quite truly hot, but something about her makes her sort of hot.

Sweet, Sweet Maggie!
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

tpfkabi

i did an image search and found out. she's around 25 but her face is so young, innocent looking. i havne't seen Secretary but from the reviews it seems hard to imagine her in it.

oh, but, maggie plays the makeup artist....a) is that the real name of the makeup artist for BJM? b) its odd that jm and catherine keener would be themselves but not the makeup artist 3)remember the time that buzz says something about 3 reasons that kevin will be ok, i think he says 1, b...erm i forget

life_boy

Xixax

Woo! Cliche Kitty and Domo Kun make their xixax.com debut!!!

Mega thumbs up, LifeBoy!
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Pedro

Xixax wrote:

QuoteI have a thing for Maggie Gyllenhaal lately. She's just so... Semi-Hot. Not quite truly hot, but something about her makes her sort of hot.

She's semi-hot in most things...but in adaptation she's REALLY HOT...

sphinx

Quote from: XixaxWoo! Cliche Kitty and Domo Kun make their xixax.com debut!!!

you ever seen the full compilation of domo-kun?  i think i'll send you the link or something

life_boy

Quote from: sphinx
Quote from: XixaxWoo! Cliche Kitty and Domo Kun make their xixax.com debut!!!

you ever seen the full compilation of domo-kun?  i think i'll send you the link or something

i'd like to see the link too.

atticus jones

a discussion of masturbation in film this year would be incomplete without a mention of the montage sequence in unfaithful...diane lanes excursion under her denim was a favorite 2003 moment...thanks adrian or anne...or boths...

or

gods master creation giving herself pleasurable sensation without trepidation if only in short duration captured in 35 mm filmation captured my fascination while on mental vacation...
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose